Royal Navy Presentation Team

sara21 said:
ianthesmudger said:
Sara - we don't re-visit a location for 3 years. We are going to Chesterfield on Weds 5 Dec 2007 and Wakefield on Weds 11 June 2008 which may be too late for you. These are the closest to you.
Thanks for the info, Wakefield is close enough for me to take a jolly- i will just wait for my AIB date to come through.

The way those things shake is very distracting...
Sara,

Nearer the time you can either book yourself a place at the presentation by going on line at www.royal-navy.mod.uk - go to News & Events and then go to RN Presentation Team. We have the dates on there but only a few months in advance. There is a video of what we are about on there as well. Alternatively you can send me your name and address and we will send out a letter, invite and reply card about 6-8 weeks before the presentation - your call.

Sorry about the distraction but I quite like them!

Smudger

Smudge

I've only just picked up on this thread - a previous comment was made about visiting Sea Cadets and you replied "Sea Cadets are invited to every presentation and are encouraged to turn up in rig..."

I think you may be missing a bit of a trick here - whilst I appreciate you want to reach larger audiences and be in the public eye, rather than inviting cadets to visit you, have you ever considered hosting an event, perhaps regional, for sea cadets or perhaps actually go to larger units with a view to direct targetting - with appropriate advertising you could also possible drum up some interest for the cadets by getting the curious through the door.

What's you take up rate at events, not just those who take away glossy information and gizzits but those who actually come for interview? Is your current marketing strategy effective?

Dont take this the wrong way but are you 9-5 ESSO (Every Saturday & Sunday Off) workers? If so, how about doing weekend or evening events at/near cadet units (especially as summer lighter nights are near)

Good luck and keep up the good work

If she an officer or rating? We are supposed to get a new Writer in April and a new Lt in July but we have heard nothing.

Writer, not due to leave for a while yet though due to operational commitments!

Ramius135 said:
Smudger: When's the team coming north of the border to the tropical climate of Scotlandshire:?: :cool:
Dundee 25/9/07
Dunfirmline 26/9/07
Glasgow 18/3/08
Berwick 22/4/08 (nearly Scotland)
Galashields 23/4/08

Hope this helps - only just been to Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Inverness so won't be there for another 3 years.

Smudger

I can thoroughly recommend the team. We liaised with them on a visit in Feb whilst we were doing a home town visit. The feedback from the audience, Lord Mayor, Careers advisors, RNA, Affiliates, potential recruits and Sea Cadets, was very favourable. They even sort out the catering for you.

Gunz_45 said:
I can thoroughly recommend the team. We liaised with them on a visit in Feb whilst we were doing a home town visit. The feedback from the audience, Lord Mayor, Careers advisors, RNA, Affiliates, potential recruits and Sea Cadets, was very favourable. They even sort out the catering for you.
Ah gee, we're blushing now!

The RN presentation team sort of drifts around the country running up expenses generally in a vague attempt to recruit though they will always deny this! The fact the RN is such a yesteryear career underfunded overstretched with serious morale problems meaning it can't retain personnel kinda makes you wonder ??? Money wasted, in other words if you have some potential use it but don't waste it todays Navy because as a careeer its finished!
UPDATED
Once we took a 35 tonne oudated trailer overseas to Belfast stayed in a 4* hotel for basically 20 seacadets to have a look round for 20 mins! We were supposed to be at Belfast Sea festival?? Tax payers cost around £5 -£10k at a guess, other fantastic shows we went to were Peterborough truck festival! People took photo's of the truck LOL.. they have'nt much of a clue then again they always said idea was nt to recruit, they were right they never did!

Mad_Dog said:
The RN presentation team sort of drifs around the country running up expenses generally in a vague attempt to recruit though they will always deny this! The fact the RN is such a yesteryear career underfunded overstretched with serious morale problems meaning it can't retain personnel kinda makes you wonder ??? Money wasted, in other words if you have some potential use it but don't waste it todays Navy because as a careeer its finished!
Well balanced....a chip on both shoulders!

Gunz_45 said:
I'd second that. I sat in on the presentation a couple of years ago, because I happened to be around. Well presented and a fairly balanced impression, certainly not all sweetness and light.

As I recall there was a killick and at least one AB who were pretty engageing and well informed in their own right, able to talk to people in the margins of the presentaiton itself. They had as much of an effect as the main presentation.

Not too long ago, I myself worked with the RNPT, for one night only as a RNR representative. The presentation was fantastic, the RM bandsmen were fantastic. And as was stated at the start of the thread, urge anyone you can to go along, the RN's media recruiting campaign is 5hit, this team is 10 times better than what you see on the TV.
And yes, the female LT is very sexy. Hope you're not offended maam.

Seadog said:
Royal Navy Presentation Team.

Please provide Ian with useful feedback ladies and gentlemen.
Well done. Seadog. The best the RN Presentation team ("we are trying to reach those who don't know us") could do was give us the home page of the whole ******* Royal Navy. I gave up looking at that point. To Ian and the team ... talk to the yoof but learn from an oldie like seadog who at least understands that yoof (or us) cannot be bothered to search a whole bunch of web pages ... Yoof are not into deferred gratification, it's not their bag. Keep up the good work! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Asst_Ed

Lantern Swinger
I caught the RNPT as a young provincial hack about 10 years ago and then about two years ago and was amazed by the change. Much glossier, very professionally done. One could argue style over substance, but hey, this is the 21st Century...

As for its aim, I've never seen it as a recruiting tool per se, more an attempt to raise general awareness of the RN among "movers and shakers".

Attended a presentation a good three years ago now, very good then and I should imagine they still are now; not just because a 2* was present! Seriously though, recommend it to anyone interested.
However, it might be better if some of the more landlocked counties were visited more often, perhaps, seeing as they don't get the exposure that coastal towns might get with SCC and RNR/URNU units abounding about the place, not to mention the odd warship.

PNG

Asst_Ed said:
I caught the RNPT as a young provincial hack about 10 years ago and then about two years ago and was amazed by the change. Much glossier, very professionally done. One could argue style over substance, but hey, this is the 21st Century...

As for its aim, I've never seen it as a recruiting tool per se, more an attempt to raise general awareness of the RN among "movers and shakers".
I suppose it is the same way that Journalism has gone in the past 10 years we are not impressed with the change;

Quote. "Much glossier, very professionally done. One could argue style over substance, but hey, this is the 21st Century." Un-quote

Nutty