Royal Navy Police - Questions

YouKnowMe

Hello All

I have some questions regarding joining the Royal Navy Police, I've previously applied to the RAF but was told I need to switch my role to a different one, and my backup role was always RAF Police, however after looking into Royal Navy Police as well, I've seen that you will receive a salary of £33,000 within 2 years of service.

Anyhow, my questions are -

Are you guaranteed to receive a salary of £33,000 within 2 years of service as it states multiple times on the careers page?
As RN Police, is it more generally a role which is based on land, rather then at sea? How often would I be at sea?
Is the RN similar to the RAF when it comes to housing, i.e can you get a house on base with family, with significantly lower rent costs?

And yes, I'm already prepared for the hate comments from RN who hate RN Police :)

Alfacharlie

War Hero
You’ll just deteriorate into self loathing and awkwardness.

Which means basically, you’ll have no pals.
Anyway, good luck.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Can't answer most of the questions but RN married quarters are all off base but in MQ estates.

soleil

War Hero
Is the RN similar to the RAF when it comes to housing, i.e can you get a house on base with family, with significantly lower rent costs?
Yes, Service Family Accommodation is a Tri-Service concept.

There are regulations which govern when you can apply and what kind of accommodation is available and so on.

soleil

War Hero
As RN Police, is it more generally a role which is based on land, rather then at sea?
Not necessarily. Four members of the RN Police are on the carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth at the moment.

You may also find yourself in Norway with the Royal Marines or in the Caribbean dealing with narcotics.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Not necessarily. Four members of the RN Police are on the carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth at the moment.

You may also find yourself in Norway with the Royal Marines or in the Caribbean dealing with narcotics.
Or on union street, acting as the ‘fun police’.
Joking aside, someone’s got to do it.