royal navy pension

WreckerL

War Hero
Thanks for the welcome, didn't know this place existed, just been browsing for the past couple of hours, great to be amongst people who speak my lingo again...normally only happens nowadays during the annual whalloping by the Fijians at Twickenham!
Changed that for accuracy :)

tisonlyi

Pension crisis over, called them - was as I thought, lower payment for this month as not a complete month.
Works out as an increase of approx. 85% - happy days! :)

Brigham

I am looking for info re the form 14 request for forecast of deferred individual pension benefit. It asks for service start and discharge dates. I was in regular service from 10th July 1979 and left on 18 months notice on 20th March 1987. I did 1 year compulsory RFR and a further 3 years voluntary RFR. I was called up for operation Granby on 29th Jan 1991 and demobbed on 16th April 1991 to finish RFR on 6th May 1991.
My question is what is my service discharge date, March 87 or May 91?

Hi All I served for 10 years and was told i qualified for a preserved pension at 60 well 59 this year suppose i had better think about sorting this out How do i get any info Thanx In advance H

Ok Im confused now, I joined in 1971 HMS Ganges @ 15 years old and left after 6 years, so does my 6 years count for nothing at all. Anyone know if the Glasgow address still exists and maybe an email address.

fishhead

War Hero
Ok Im confused now, I joined in 1971 HMS Ganges @ 15 years old and left after 6 years, so does my 6 years count for nothing at all. Anyone know if the Glasgow address still exists and maybe an email address.
Yep. It is still Glasgow. Give them a call with your Official Number and all will be revealed.

vauxhall

Lantern Swinger
When you left in 1977 you would have needed at least 5 years Regular paid service AND to be at least age 26 on discharge in order to qualify.

On 1 April 1978 the criteria altered to remove the 'age 26' requirement but you would have needed at least 5 years Regular paid service after age 18 in order to qualify.