Royal Navy Officer Ranks

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Whizbox, May 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been looking around the forums and I can't seem to find any information, I'm thinking of joining the navy as either a Weapons Engineering Officer, Aviation Engineering Officer or Aircrew Officer Pilot. I was wondering if there was a maximum rank that these can achieve as I can only remember seeing Warfare Officers with the higher ranks (Captain+)
    Thanks in advance
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

There are Admirals from each of those source branches.
  3. Oh okay, I'm still assuming there are more Warfare Admirals than Engineering?
  4. Yep.

However, unless you're 21 on joining with your Engineering Degree, you'll probably lack the time to make Admiral (of any type).
  5. I'm currently doing my GCSEs so I'm pretty sure when I join I will be at the very start of my working career
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If current trends persist, there'll be a ratio of two or three admirals per war canoe by the time you're 'in the bracket', so good luck.
  7. Altered to reflect reality ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. You get to Captain or Commodore and the bum twitching begins in case you get passed over and retired. I got to AB but then I was a hard working bugger. :)