Royal Navy Officer Commission?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by andyrik, Sep 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Simple thread, looking for a quick answer for my research. Perhaps I'm blind but I cannot find an accurate answer to this question anywhere on the RN website. Having looked around on RR, I'm not sure whether to trust previous threads from '07, '08, '09 since the SDSR.

An answer much appreciated! Cheers.

2. Errr, what exactly is the question?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Simple answer: no.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I forgot that I need to spell it out on here... Information about the commission i.e. initial joining period and length of time from there on, etc.

As always, thanks :highfive:

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...however, if are playing in the match this afternoon move your clothes down onto the lower peg immediately after lunch, before you write your letter home, if you're not getting your hair cut, unless you've got a younger brother who is going out this weekend as the guest of another boy, in which case, collect his note before lunch, put it in your letter after you've had your hair cut, and make sure he moves your clothes down onto the lower peg for you. Does that answer your question?

• Like Like x 1
  6. sgtpepperband

Adding "etc." onto the end of a statement does not make it a question. You're going to have to be a bit more specific than that if you are intending on leading and inspiring those around you for a living... :oops:

7. My apologies to all for being too brief!
    In stead I will raise the question in a more appropriate manner.
    Can somebody please tell me:
    1. What is the initial commission of a Royal Naval Officer?
    2. How long between commission review periods from then on? (if there are any)
    3. Are there different types of commission?

Please correct my understanding of the system as I am coming to you more experienced men and women for some important information with little understanding.

Thanks. Much appreciated!

8. 3 tier commission (since 1999)

Initial (IC) - 1st 12 years
    Career (CC) - to Immediate Pension Point (IPP) (I think)
    Full Term (FTC) - to retirement age 55

CC and FTC by selection (some branches have automatic Tx to CC based on progress). Some of this may change as a resulr of AFPS 15.

9. Thanks notafourknotfudgepacker. Couldn't find that info anywhere.

Also thanks sgtpepperband for reminding me what I need to for the remainder of this weekend!

10. The first two parts of that are definitely in the careers material provided by the AFCO/available online.

11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Reading through this thread makes me chucklewith regard the type of 'enquiry' witnessed daily in AFCO's up & down the country.Being able to articulate a question is always a good starting point. A healthy dose of arrogance makes the inevitable outcome all the more satisfying.

• Like Like x 2
  12. But sir - My brother is going out with Dibble this weekend, but I'm not getting my hair cut. So do I move my clothes down sir?

13. Nija stokes hit the nail on the head

You will find in life that people will answer the question you ask.

If it is not the answer you wanted, it may not be the wrong answer it may mean you asked the wrong question.

You may have all sorts of questions and rubbish running around in your head as trying to choose a long term career, it is not a simple task, but we, the royal we who are not privy to the thoughts in your head, will need guidance as to what you seek, as I for one was not issued with a crystal ball to second guess. Experience as taught most of us that to assume or second guess normally ends up in a pile of shit

• Like Like x 1
  14. sgtpepperband

I do wish you'd listen, Noshmon. It's perfectly simple. If you're not getting your hair cut, you don't have to move your brother's clothes down to the lower peg. You simply collect his note before lunch, after you've done your scripture prep, when you've written your letter home, before rest, move your own clothes onto the lower peg, greet the visitors, and report to Mr. Viney that you've had your chit signed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Well yes you do! It's rum ration, not clairvoyantsRUs.com. I see by your avatar you wish to be a pilot, you'll fit right in you arrogant twat.

You have annoyed me now as I was going to play nicely on this thread,for a change.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  16. Sir, Sir frogmann is bullying again Sir :happy2:

• Like Like x 3

17. Excellent! Five mins for that. Gold star AC. Ha quality. Not that you lads are labelling me!!! Made I chuckle.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Again does that imply he stopped?

19. I thought he was an arrogant tosser for that comment too. Does that make me a bully?

20. I read the JSP at the weekend, I am still innocent and you lot can't counter bully me. So cease forthwith.