royal navy medical?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by wrightsonjake, Dec 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, I'm applying to join the Royal marines in a year or two and i have a question regarding the medical. One thing your asked on the medical questionnaire is ' have you bed wet after the age of 10' , I wet the bed until age 13/14 years old i was given medication at that age and then stopped, I have been clear of this problem and all medication for 5 years now, will I be rejected or could I still pass ?

thank you :)
  2. Those that can answer are in bed or down the pub or something . Ninja Stoker or Angry Doc will certainly come along and help you with this issue with a definitive answer .
  3. yeh i have posted this abit late :)
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jake, don't worry, lots of grown ups go out for a nice quiet drink with their friends and for some unknown reason later wet the bed.

Or fill up the wardrobe.
  6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

PM Patrick, he is the acknowledged expert on this problem.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Royal Marines you say?

If you answer "No" to the question, you won't get in.
  8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Just say No to the question fella, once you get in you can swamp your very own map of Africa over the last blokes Map of Africa when you get issued a mattress.

Jeez, what do they ask potential young thrusters nower days?
  9. Morning. My suggestion with the problem you have is to be honest with the AFCO Dr, giving as much detail as you can. The outcome will be determined either there and then, but more likely after your GP records have been requested, which will take a few weeks.
    Good luck and as NS suggests - sort out your persec!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app
  10. Hahaha i hope it is! You get around the interwebs a bit jake you ho.
  11. So you are applying to join the RM after being knocked back from the RN on medical grounds?
  12. Thank goodness for (non) PERSEC!

You really need to think about different names for different fora. For example on here I'm SONAR-BENDER but on ARRSE I'm signed on as SONAR-BENDER............. oh shit.
  13. Jake you dont go to Harrogate grammer by any chance do you ? Just wild stab after five minutes of searching . As it seems you're 17 years old according to some of the other registered names you have. That is the only one I can find after a short period that fits the age demographic .

Ill stop now btw just making a point.

Twit was going to be my next stop but I got bored and ExJ has already checked that lol.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  14. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

He's been inspired by Lance Armstrong... That was from Twitter.

The reluctance of LA to provide urine samples must have done the trick for JW.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  15. I followed through one balmy night down the Gut in Malta (bloody Marsovin overload), I was 18 at the time and it didn't damage my career, does that help?