Royal Navy medical, Broken hand, problem?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Clem121, Oct 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have had my interview postponed untill I complete my medical. I broke my hand over 18 months ago, competing in mma. I broke my 4th and 5th metacarpal in my left hand. I had an operation and 6 perminant screws fixed to my broken bones (3 in each). I have been told it shouldn't be a problem as it is not interfering with any joints, but would like any advice, thanks.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It's one of those queries that only a qualified Medical officer, in possession of the full medical records can advise I'm afraid.

The advice is to take copies of your full medical records relating to the injuries to your AFCO Medical examination to minimise delays.

Best o' luck.
  3. Depends on function and extent of surgery. As NS has said, need to see your notes and examine you. Ask your GP practice for copies of relevant letters from your notes and bring them to the medical with you - this will save time. You may be charged by the practice for copying notes.