Royal Navy Medical and Migraines

Hi, I applied for the navy about 2 years ago. My medical was 18 months ago and i still have 6 months until my next one. I was told that i had a 2 year wait due to migraines which i can fully understand, however i am concerned by the fact the Navy examiner told me that even then he may suggest that i still am not to be allowed entry. The reason for my migraines which i neglected to mention (thinking the reason would not be relevant) that after going to the dentist and being told it was through grinding my teeth due to 2 severe cavities. these cavities were removed and therefore i no longer got the migraines.

Can this still mean that i will get refused entry for service? I am applying as a warfare officer on a submarine. if it is possibly that i am refused entry, are there any other roles where i may still be accepted to?

Thank you in advance.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Failure to disclose pre-existing conditions can in itself be a bar to entry.

That said, migraine is obviously a significant issue and not compatible with an operational role in any of the UK Armed Forces. It goes without saying a sufferer can hardly be excused to lie down in a darkened room in the heat of battle - an extremely stressful situation without any physical impairment.

Once a couple of years have elapsed, completely symptom and treatment-free, then there's a reasonable chance it will be accepted that the triggering factors of the condition are no longer present.

Good luck.

thank you for your help. I have been working hard these last 18 months to make sure that I am fit enough for the training i just hope it is enough to get the chance to serve my country doing a job I have wanted for so long!