Royal Navy Interview (Aircraft Handler)

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by tsbpigeon, Aug 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    I have recently received my interview date (6th September) for the position of Aircraft Handler. Can anybody provide me with any tips or information which might help me with regards to the job role and what I may be expected to discuss in the interview.

Thank you.

2. Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  3. Can I please have some information about the job role of a 'chock head' and anything I might need to know for the interview.

That would be great

Thanks

4. Just say "I want to be that dude at the beginning of Top Gun who does that cool wavy thing with his hands when the F14s take off."

Oh and firefighting, lots of firefighting.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The traing has been cut back a lot the domestic firefighting side has been taken out so it is only 6 months training and then straight to sea as you can not go to the fire station because you won't be trained in domestic firefighting

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You`ll be asked about initial training, location and basic content and the same for phase two.

7. get a load of shoe boxes, pile them on top of each other, write the names and address of all your neighbours on envelopes, give each one a different box and practice getting the letters in the correct one!

Walk around all day in really thick heavy trousers, blue pixie boots and a string vest.

my regggies runner (chock head) went to Nelson on a driving course and told the main gate he was to report to (Mr) Rodney Block. The best bit was he told us when he got back.

• Like Like x 3
  8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I think I worked with his brother Oliver, at Dryad... :wink: