Royal Navy Induction Day.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by IvoryFantasia, Sep 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good Morning everybody,

I'm new to this site but thought I may be able to get some important information on here...

BASICALLY, I have a Royal Navy Induction Day in 5 days time, its fair to say I am pretty nervous.... i am so curious as to what to wear? I am quite a girly girl, long blonde hair and dresses etc. BUT that doesn't change the fact that I'm a big Tomboy underneath it all, if anything, underneath my exterior I am the complete opposite of a ladylike women. Its all about guns and Action for me.

what should I wear to the Induction Day, just casual jeans and tee? Hmmmm, any answers will be really appreciated.

Kind Regards. :sad1:
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Standing by
  3. A basque.......................
    • Like Like x 1
  4. A Basque? Lmao, I dont know if they would approve or not? ;)
  5. Induction - Is that how we get our new ships then?

The missus screamed when an 8 lb baby Paybob arrived - I dont want to be around when a frigate emerges.
  6. Try something like this.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hmm I like the guns, lose the skirt!
  8. As long as you're wearing full webbing under your clothes you'll be fine. You'll have to take the webbing off for the naked wrestling though.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Thank-you so much for your help everybody and so after taking all of your answers into consideration, I can now say ....

I still don't know what to wear :p
  10. Yup, I'd go along with that.
  11. I/F

Welcome to Rum Ration.

Do you mean that you are going to your local AFCO to attend the Initial Careers Presentation done by the RN Careers Advisors?
  12. Thankyou :) and yes just that!

I know what I wanna do but its just what to wear!?
  13. I/F

Go for smart casual.
  14. janner

With webbing
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Okay. I was only joking the last time. This will be more appropriate.

16. Lara croft Style it is then
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  17. But thats just the thing, I could either dress as I would for most Interviews, very feminine in a Blouse, Grey Trousers and Heels but I think that would be way too formal....

or I could go just casual? ......... Oh i just dont know

18. I would suggest trousers, shoes/boots with a sensible heel (tottering is never a good look ....) and a blouse which looks professional (not pink, not tight, not flimsy, no bows or frills). Neat earrings. Dash of make-up. That's it.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. janner

Why not take photo's of yourself in various rigs and send them to Ninja Stoker, he works at an AFCO and is well placed to advise you.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Or post them and we could all vote. Why should N_S have all the fun?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)