Royal Navy Handbook...

I read in one of the threads that the 'Royal Navy Handbook' is very useful to read. I attempted to order a copy from Amazon, but a couple of weeks later recieved an email from them saying they can't get a copy/dispatch till August 2011 (which obviously is no good as i have my interview not far away.)

I've looked on ebay and various other websites, no such luck...

Does anyone know how i can get a copy of this? (see below)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Royal-Navy-Handbook-Definitive-Guide/dp/1844860949/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1

Edit: Y'know at the afco (i forgot to ask last visit) they have the 'Navy news' magazine which are £2 , are they for people to go in and buy, or do i need to subscribe to get them or something...?

masterchef

Lantern Swinger
Chris1337 said:
I read in one of the threads that the 'Royal Navy Handbook' is very useful to read. I attempted to order a copy from Amazon, but a couple of weeks later recieved an email from them saying they can't get a copy/dispatch till August 2011 (which obviously is no good as i have my interview not far away.)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Royal-Navy-Handbook-Definitive-Guide/dp/1844860949/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1
maybe that is the first copy of it.

Chris1337 said:

Edit: Y'know at the afco (i forgot to ask last visit) they have the 'Navy news' magazine which are £2 , are they for people to go in and buy, or do i need to subscribe to get them or something...?
The book hasn't been released yet. I believe there was an out-dated version, which is no longer sold. Also, you can subscribe to Navy News, here: https://www.navynews.co.uk/CMS/Shop/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=4 ...or go to WH Smith.

Ah right! Because i saw the last comment from 2007 i assumed it was out, just hard to get hold of.
I guess i'll pay a visit to WHS for the news then, thanks alot! [:

BreathingOutOnTheWayUp said:
Cheer up, for heavens sake, 'tis a long wait for the RN and your wretched [: [: will not gain you many admirers. :wink:
Huh? What are you on about mate, are you lost?

I was just simply asking where i can get a copy of that book for further revision. Kthx

Chris1337 said:
I was told by my CA that if I was ever in the area I was able to pop into the AFCO and grab a copy of the Navy News for free. So i guess it should be the same for you.

Or just do what BreathingOutOnTheWayUp says and read it online :wink:

SlimmJimm said:
Chris1337 said:
I was told by my CA that if I was ever in the area I was able to pop into the AFCO and grab a copy of the Navy News for free. So i guess it should be the same for you.

No more free copies in the AFCO's !!!!!!!!

SM

:(

supermario said:
SlimmJimm said:
Chris1337 said:

SM

Cheapskates :wink:

Merlin28 said:
supermario said:
SlimmJimm said:
Chris1337 said:

SM

Won't be too long before you have to pay to get into the navy 8)

bollotom said:
Merlin28 said:
supermario said:
SlimmJimm said:
Chris1337 said:

SM

Won't be too long before you have to pay to get into the navy 8)
You already do, the afco refused to pay my parking expenses when I last visited them. As you can imagine I was outraged and told them that when I was in the sea cadets..... :wink: