Royal Navy fitness programme

Just a question about this *Clicky*.

It's an 8 week programme that looks to be a piece of piss to complete, but I'm not so sure I'll be able to go swimming twice- or even once- every week. I work irregular hours at work and I never know what days I'm working- it's a pain in the arse. I could have a week off, or I could work 7 days. I can never guarantee anything.

Do you guys think it will matter if I mix it up a bit? Replace a swim with a bike ride but do the swim another time or something like that? So get the stuff done in the 8 weeks but in a different order.

I know it sounds stupid, but I'm not sure if it'll really make a difference and don't want to cause myself any problems or injuries.

Well if you replaced a swim for a bike ride I don't see any cause for injury because it's a low-impact exercise so your joints wouldnt be taking a hammering. That is unless your bike route is on a motorway 8O . The fitness program is only showing you what you should be doing, so ofcourse you can mix it up a bit to suit your lifestyle. :)

Cheers, Yorkshireadam. I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't make too much of a difference as long as I got everything done :thumright:

yicker said:
That's assuming you're already a good enough swimmer to pass the test.
I did say I'd still go swimming, just not on the days allocated in the programme :wink:

I've not been able to fit in the 8 week programme either due to work, kids and wife related stuff.
However I have used it to work out an exercise routine encompassing all the aspects, swimming, running, strenght training and have just added some circuit training.

If I haven't filled in the programme book but have made a daily diary of my exercises and results, would this be sufficient for taking down to Raleigh?

There is a PDF file on the RN website which you can print off, its exactly the same as the pre joining fitness guide they give you

its under
careers- health and fitness-downloads-8 wk fitness programme

Latest Threads