Royal Navy Documentaries

I haven't yet seen the first episode which was broadcast last night but judging by the text's and emails i've recieved from RN/RNR and civvies alike i dont think i'm going to like it.

The general consensus appears to be that it's an embarrassment.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

==============================

==============================

If embarassment means the lack of physical preparation shown by some of those who had all leapt several high hoops prior to arrival I'd certainly agree.

Several shots of S/Rs & NCOs out front also indicated an embarassing lack of IT skills, unless that peculiar mode of IT is à la mode at BRNC these days?

As Dan said, certain individuals will forever regret their cringeworthy remarks.

I also found it very strange that the youngest entrant, who professed to be an aspiring actor, couldn't even act the part of a Naval Officer Under Training for very long...

Obviously we have to remember that they're fresh out of the box and nobody walks into any service fully prepared for what is about to be thrown at them but the documentaries on Sandhurst have always been quiet good. An ex-RN colleague of mine even said the "COUGH" RAF officer traing series gave a better impression that this.

I have often thought that the RN recruitment concentrate too much on peoples qualifications and perhaps not enough on the individuals abilities.

I'm dreading watching it.

Eager to take a look at it, but I'm having no luck at all in finding any of the episodes online. Suppose I'll have to wait out with the rest of the internet, though I'll post back here if I come across 'em.

Eager to take a look at it, but I'm having no luck at all in finding any of the episodes online. Suppose I'll have to wait out with the rest of the internet, though I'll post back here if I come across 'em.
All of the episodes in the Officers and Gentlemen series are scheduled for transmission on the afternoon of Saturday, 23rd March 2013, starting at 2 pm.