Royal Navy Deterrent Patrol Pin

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by dwatch, Jul 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Introduction of the Royal Navy Deterrent Patrol Pin

HMS RESOLUTION sailed on 15th June 1968 on the first United Kingdom Nuclear Deterrent Patrol, since that date she, her sister boats and successors have maintained a Continuous At Sea Deterrent (CASD). Throughout this time there has been a desire by the SSBN community for a visible recognition of their service in the provision of the national deterrent in ballistic missile submarines. In May 2009 the Navy Board endorsed the introduction of a recognition badge, to be known as the “Patrol Pinâ€.
  2. aka "The Four Knot Fudgepacker Pin" - hardly new news is it?
  6. DBF.... Badges, we need no stinking badges.

Do they do matching earings as well?
  7. Seeing the new Deterrent Patrol Pin's are only being issued to bomber queens and not SSM fleet submarine crews I presume junior officers & NCO's who have had their ears pierced may prefer matching earings.
  8. Nothing so difficult. The crew park their bomber on the bottom of a covenient loch (that's what the retractable wheels underneath are for) before baling out and moonlighting as minicab drivers in Glasgow for three months. But you didn't hear that from me, alright? :silent:
  9. Count me out if one can't even leave Scotland. :D
  10. Im in the army now, I wonder if I can get one and wear it with my medals and Dolphins?