Royal Navy Day Devonport Dockyard 2010

dabbzie

Lantern Swinger
I have searched everywhere, even on the RN website and there's nothing in the events section telling me when the Navy day is in Plymouth this year
Last years was held early September, could i assume it'll will be the same this year.
If anybody has any info
Thanks

dabbzie

Lantern Swinger
Can anyone elseconfirm this as my local afco has called back saying it was 26th and 27th of august in Plymouth. Now I'm confused :roll:

Dabbzie

I may be wrong - apologies - I understood that they alternated Pompey/Guzz.

Pls go with what you have been told at the AFCO.

Soleil

dabbzie

Lantern Swinger
Hi soleil don't think you were wrong I checked out that link in your previous post, there's definately something going on in Portsmouth this year. Thanks anyway hopefully I can go to both I'll give plymouths tourist info a call, see what they say.

'Navy Days' is definately in Pompey this year, from the 30th July to the 1st August.

In your original post you weren't particularly clear what the event was you were describing, it is possible you were equally unclear with your AFCO, there has been a breakdown in communication and they have given you the dates of some other event.

dabbzie

Lantern Swinger
I don't think so, I asked when was the navy day the devonpirt dork yard in Plymouth he hadn't a clue took my telephone number an rang me back, but if it's in Portsmouth hey ho. I'll see you all there.
For those of you who been before are all days the same with events etc or is there a much better day than the others, if you get my meaning :?

I think a certain hotel chain may be out of sync:

Things to Do: Navy Days
Aug 2010 (biennial)

Choice Hotels International said:
© Whatsonwhen Limited 2005. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: Although we've tried to make the information on this web site as accurate as possible, we accept no responsibility for any loss, injury or inconvenience sustained by any person resulting from information published on this site. We recommend that you verify any critical information such as event dates, opening hours and prices before you make plans.

Rolotp said:
to add to this does anyone know if HMS Raleigh will have an open day this year and when it will be?
I was there last year and was told that thiswas now going to be an annual event, can't confirm dates as yet.

WE

Latest Threads