Royal Navy DAA psychometric Test (Online)

navynet1

Midshipman
Thanks bro I really appreciate it.

What do you think I should do in regards to Electrical and Mechanical? I think it's gonna be really tough and I don't know if it's worth focusing my efforts on in 6 ish days before the test. I don't think I have enough time. If I **** up the DAA I'll just give myself a few ish months to revise properly before second.
It’s worth paying for the how2become DAA package. It’ll talk through everything you need to know, as well as practice tests.

walter241

Midshipman
Thanks bro I really appreciate it.

What do you think I should do in regards to Electrical and Mechanical? I think it's gonna be really tough and I don't know if it's worth focusing my efforts on in 6 ish days before the test. I don't think I have enough time. If I **** up the DAA I'll just give myself a few ish months to revise properly before second.
Definitely pay for how2become well worth it, use the free questions first to see what you think of it.

You have to retake it after 28days- my daughter disnt quite get score she needed first time then got an email 28 days later to say she needed to re do it.

Electrical I believe she said were like circuit boards which switch turns on bulb A for example

Goodluck

I took my DAA today and it was certainly more difficult than the practice material. I did practice tests online, both the ones on the Royal Navy site and others, and read the How2Become book (now outdated), the questions in the real exam were very different.

For example - in the Spatial Reasoning, you are not using shapes like in the practice tests. Instead you have objects. Hammers, books, lamps ect.
The work rate was said to be a code containing a number + letter + symbol. In the real test, they throw in vehicles and road signs as well.
And the Verbal Reasoning...maybe I'm a div, but some of those questions just seemed impossible to answer. As in the information was not in the text provided.

Well I did apply for Supply Chain Logistician, and felt I did decent on the Numerical, Mechanical and Work Rate parts of the test, so maybe that will suffice...

Bingo14

Anyone else have glitches on their test?

The images wouldn't load for spatial reasoning, had 2 correct answers for a work rate question, and the same question repeated twice in numerical reasoning.

100% on FATs but definitely failed that, so take 2 coming up soon.

walter241

Midshipman

The images wouldn't load for spatial reasoning, had 2 correct answers for a work rate question, and the same question repeated twice in numerical reasoning.

My daughter said hers glitched on spatial reasoning- images didn't load on a couple questions had to guess them.

Mj22

Hello

I’m new here . I’ve started my application journey and passed the defence aptitude test, selection interview and eye test so far. I have the medical triage next week.
Is this DAA psychometric Test another test I need to take as well?
I’ve still got a lot to take in and few stages to go yet, and it’s all new to me .

navynet1

Midshipman

Hi mate. Did you take pictures of the questions that glitched? If so, send these to your Careers Advisor. A similar thing happened on mine the first time I took the test, and the system didn’t even generate a result for me. I had to take the test again but the first one didn’t count as an attempt. To be honest if the same happens with you, see it as a blessing! Another free first attempt where you can prepare better and know what to expect. Good luck/

Bingo14

Hi mate. Did you take pictures of the questions that glitched? If so, send these to your Careers Advisor. A similar thing happened on mine the first time I took the test, and the system didn’t even generate a result for me. I had to take the test again but the first one didn’t count as an attempt. To be honest if the same happens with you, see it as a blessing! Another free first attempt where you can prepare better and know what to expect. Good luck/
I didn't, I so thought of doing it but was so panicked by the time! Have sent a detailed note to my Careers Advisor though so fingers crossed. Glad it worked well for you, and hopefully the same for me but we'll see

navynet1

Midshipman
Hello

I’m new here . I’ve started my application journey and passed the defence aptitude test, selection interview and eye test so far. I have the medical triage next week.
Is this DAA psychometric Test another test I need to take as well?
I’ve still got a lot to take in and few stages to go yet, and it’s all new to me .
I didn't, I so thought of doing it but was so panicked by the time! Have sent a detailed note to my Careers Advisor though so fingers crossed. Glad it worked well for you, and hopefully the same for me but we'll see
We’ll best of luck. If the system does generate a result for you then maybe not, but even so you will be better prepared for a second attempt. You might even have passed it absolutely fine anyways! What role are you going for?

Bingo14

We’ll best of luck. If the system does generate a result for you then maybe not, but even so you will be better prepared for a second attempt. You might even have passed it absolutely fine anyways! What role are you going for?
Yep can only wait and see! Observer :)

Latest Threads