Royal Navy College - Dartmouth

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Chippy1989, Jul 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bit of a random question, but if anyone has been there they should be able to answer this.

When you go to the college for the 18 months initial officer training, do you have on site accomodation, and are dogs allowed?

2. All pets are allowed at BRNC, unfortunately there's limited accomodation for dogs, cats would've been another thing altogether but the en-suite dog rooms sell out pretty quick.
  3. I know someone who kept an alpaca in his, really.
  4. IOT is 8 months, with Warfare Officers spending an additional 4 months there for the well structured and brilliantly useful Initial Warfare Officers Foundation (IWOF) course. So I'm not sure where the 18 months came from!
  5. In principle dogs and other animals are not permitted, although there are two notable exceptions to this.

1a. You can take your own hunting mount (must be at least 19 hands). Need to prove its bloodline back to 1805 if it is to be taken into the Gunroom.
    1b. If you have your own beagle pack you can take no more than 18 hounds who will be accomodated in the on-site kennels. Regarding food, there are stewards who serve their Pedigree Chum from china bowls.

2. King Charles Spaniels are allowed in the chapel too, but that's another story altogether.

Hope this helps.
  6. Have a look at some of the female officers and make your own decision
  7. Sorry but I was told you couldn't take horses any more - as far as I am aware the stables are now being used for storage facilities......would also imagine the pack of hounds as been stopped as well. Don't know about the Spaniels in the Chapel though.

There is on site accomodation - it's the building you can see above the main college building looking at a picture of BRNC from the front
  8. Are you taking the piss??
  9. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Someones trying for the title "mong of the month". :roll:
  10. THAT is no way to speak to an Officer candidate, no matter how :tard: 'd they may appear. :wink:
  11. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Thats me being polite! 8O
  12. Its still open, why havent they flogged the place and buy some friggin choppers!
  13. I second that mr "witsend", :1:
  14. Quite a few take their guide dogs now under the equal opportunities directive.
    I do concede its mainly navigational and warfare officers.
  15. :twisted: Pigs?
  16. i'l offer a genuine answer to this :p
    oc's pets would not be allowed there's no time to look after them, all other things apart! however, dogs in general are allowed in fact the university officer keeps hers in her office its a gorgeous golden retriever :) and there are lots of staff and officers who live there and keep dogs and walk them at all hours in the grounds. there is also a beagle pack on site, not sure what theyre for but you always hear them barking!
  17. That was a crap bite, but i'll put forwards that it was an EXCELLENT set up for banter?
  18. Hmmm maybe higher calibre than usual. The lines are blurring between outright bites and absolutely incredulous newbie opening one-liners. By God I hope these are bites because if they aren't I'm sure as hell going to be depressed. The latter conjuring images of Taggart from Blazing saddles :D