Royal Navy clearance diver

MG Maniac

War Hero
To be honest this is the only career path that interests me. I think I would have my plates removed and while waiting for my arm to heal again, do my PADI divers course. If joining the navy was not possible as a diver what so ever then I would pursue a career as a professional civilian diver.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Same rules apply! All professional divers have to undergo strict medicals and you may find that the risks of a break due to deteriorating bone due to the plate still being in situ may be an issue there too! The fact that you can lift weights at present is not relevant as it is a controlled movement ... what happens when a wrench slips and strain is put on the bone unexpectantly is another matter and the fact that you are in an unnatural envirionment could mean that you put others at risk because of it.

caldee22

Lantern Swinger
Ah I see! Would it be best for me to get the plates removed? Would that help stop deterioration?

frogman007

War Hero
That was the main concern, it doesn't seem to interfere with any of my compasses? However I'm not sure about mines

Then please go and find out if they do! Here's hoping gob shite. Oh and yes I was an instructor too.