Royal Navy black sweater with epaulettes

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by BE19Pilot, Apr 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Could anyone direct me to wear I might purchase an authentic Royal Navy sweater with epaulettes. I am an airline pilot and would like to acquire one to wear with my uniform. It is a very sharp looking piece of clothing, and I already own a submariner's sweater that I am quite fond of and wear every winter. Thanks...
  2. The Navy ones are not black, they are believe it or not Navy Blue
  3. Thanks SJ, I just didn't want him thinking he would get a black one, but also couldn't resist a little sarcasm.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ladies and gentlemen your pilot to day is dyslexic and likes to dress up as a sailor..............the exits are............
  5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

6. Ooooh, you can buy driving gloves on that site.....
  7. Can't believe that one slipped by without Pontius making a comment!
  8. Is it just me, or would anyone else crap themselves if they saw a 737 (insert passenger aircraft of choice) driver settling in, or welcoming you at the door, wearing a 2nd hand scruffy sun dodgers white wooly pully? 8-O
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Thanks guys, I appreciate not only the suggestions, but also the humor...Sure wish I could hoist a few pints with you guys and tell sea-stories. I hope this doesn't alarm any of you, but I REMEMBER more about being an aircrewman TWELVE years ago than I know TODAY as an airline pilot. But, we don't train like we did in the Navy in the airlines everything is driven by money and cost. Whereas in the Navy, it wasn't unusual for us to have a WST or "wist" as we pronounced it about once a week to stay sharp on the gear we used. And, we were always doing physical training and other drills...I miss the camaraderie of being in a squadron and thinking you had the best aircrew division on the sea wall...Know, I just look forward to a nice hotel and a cold beer at the overnight hotel...just not the same thrill or motivation.
  10. And the air hostesses, don't forget them.