royal navy air engineering technician waiting list

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by hillzymufc, Nov 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just sent off my application form and was wondering if anyone had any sort of idea how long the waiting list is

2. Ask your AFCO mate, they'll have a better idea then anyone on the web.

3. Yeah I will soon just seeing if anyone had any sort of idea

4. I'll take it your not from Manchester?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yes and????

6. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Ninja stoker is usually able to provide sound advice regarding joining up as he works in an AFCO.

As a side note... Why have all the noobs joining RR of late got such stinking attitudes? Bodes well for the future of the RN.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren.

• Like Like x 1
  7. How would I ask him on here and sorry if it seems like I have a attitude it was the way I worded it, I meant it in a normal way just asking why it matters that im not from manchester

8. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

JFH was ribbing you regards your user name. Ninja will spot this post when he's online.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren.

9. Ok thanks :)

10. As Jenny said Ninja is da mannn but rarely anymore do wait times get posted on here; there are often variables and although someone might be able to tell you how long they waited, its changing all the time. From what i have read on here the best thing you can do is make sure you prepare for each stage (providing you havent already...) so there are no delays etc and you can be bidded for a place asap! I was in the app process so am just saying what i was told and what has been posted on here before- your afco is the best bet really.

Good luck :)

11. Thanks and yes ill wait and see what ninja says :)

12. I applied for this role, passed my RT in March and was advised the wait would be 18months to 2years
    I got a call from my AFCO about a month ago with a start date for June saying the waiting time had dropped, so by the time I start it will be just under 15 months for me :)

13. thanks anyone else have any more information?

14. I waited about 18 months myself.