Royal Navy AET 2017

I am currently in the process of joining the Royal Navy as an Air Engineering Technician, about to start my phase 1 training soon.
There's just a few things i am curious about, as much information as possible would be greatful and may be able to help others out also!
Understand there are a few posts perhaps relative to this but they're all outdated.

Ideally i want to get onto the Fast Track method in Phase 2, what would be the minimum requirement to get onto this, what could i do to ensure i get onto this?

What's promotion like within the Navy at the moment, seen a lot of reviews abusing the promotion system 10 years ago.

Main advice for getting through phase 1 and 2.

Best advise to get promoted as fast as possible through the ranks.

What should i do now to make myself the most prepared i could be?
Fitness shouldn't be a problem.

Has anyone got links that would be able to help?
Details of training,
Links to fast track method,
links about fast track method

You have been successful in joining Gods own branch of the service.
Now take advantage of everything that the RN has to offer especially the education.
Study hard and listen to your SNCOs and not your oppos and you will succeed

I need more help specifically,
What do i need to know to be fast tracked,
Most important what test will i received in HMS Sultan as i believe i need 85% in every test to be able to get fast tracked

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I need more help specifically,
What do i need to know to be fast tracked,
Most important what test will i received in HMS Sultan as i believe i need 85% in every test to be able to get fast tracked
You've pretty much answered your query. You get taught everything you need to know and will be tested on what you are taught. The course content is, in part, Restricted so you ain't going to get the questions or answers before you complete selection, gain security clearance and commence training.

You'll be tested throughout training after each module. Some content themselves with a pass, others revise and get themselves into the fast track selection zone by achieving the top scores. There's no hidden agenda, inside info or shortcuts, just plain old hard work - exactly the same as everyone else you join up with.

Good luck.

Lesson One.
No 'I' in TEAM.
Your coming across as an 'I', 'ME' person. Appreciate your keen and all that but I'd concentrate on what the Navy want from you. Your about to enter a new world when every day will be a learning day. Take each day as they come and just do your best. Help those who aren't as fast or as bright as you and you'll do fine.
It has lots of individuals but they need to be part of the team.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Interestingly, until about ten years back, Air Engineers used to have to successfully complete the old Artificer's Maths test as part of their initial selection.

Since then, funny old thing, there's been an increase in training fails in this particular element of training. In fact, the Accelerated Apprentices, so I hear, are need a further maths test to reduce training fails in the maths elements of training.

Hmmn. If only some bright spark could think up a solution to this issue, preferably by creating a new FTRS SO1 post, probably.....