Royal Navy Acquaint Course : What do i actually need to take with me ? ( Urgent ! )

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by dicko92, Apr 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello , iv been searching the web for info but finding it hard to come by so i thought id turn to you guys.

what kit do i need to take if any ?

in my head im taking
    Travelling in : Suit/ Smart clothes ( No Jeans)

Several Pairs of Underwear/Socks , a towel , basic toiletry's , shower gel toothbrush etcetc.
    Pair of running shorts and a sports top i.e my football shirt or maybe two
    My Running Shoes
    Swim Shorts

Am i missing anything ? anything Key ? or anything you'd suggest to take with me ?

Appreciate all your help thanks !
    :thumbup:

2. You should have been given a kit list by your careers advisor. Any questions about it you really should ask your CA as they are the best people to ask about such matters.

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

4. Thank you so much
    Life saver !

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Why haven't you got the joining letter sent by your AFCO & why have you left it until the day before travel to ask?

6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Don't tell him Pike!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Your head will need to be empty to begin with - to fit all that stuff in. And roomy.

8. Take mouthwash but replace the liquid with alcohol. I saw it on telly once about this girl joining the army, the others in her room thought she was a legend and her fit instructor just laughed as he confiscated it. It was either a drama or a documentary i am not sure but i reckon it will make a good impression.

Seriously though, good luck :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. Shoe polish and brush and cloth..swimming gear. Are you doing the course tomorrow at rosyth ?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

10. That was the drama that was on about 2 weeks ago. Great memory Rachel!!

11. Yeah coming from manchester!

12. See you there then I'm coming from St. Andrews area in Scotland real names Thomas or tam .

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

13. Ah champion see you there !