Royal Naval Guild of Bellringers

Discussion in 'Hobbies & The Great Indoors' started by Jen_M, Sep 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

Anyone out there a member of this guild or enjoy bellringing?! I came along to an outting in May to the Yeovil area with my friend (an ex-navy nurse) and since then I have applied to be an MA. I feel a peal may be ahead...??

Jenny :)
  2. Some of the people on here are related to Quasimodo if that helps!
  3. Yes used to do it as a lad in Devonport, problem was I used to ring the bell too long and was often left standing at the door whilst my so called oppo had managed to run off! Knew you could get an award for catching busses, but bell ringing...pull the other one :wink:
  4. Nice try jen M,10 out of 10 for the wind up, :D
  5. Not me..."I'm deaf you Know" :D
  6. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

One of my old MEO's was into that, barking mad he was, nice bloke though.
  7. Oh I get up to all sorts evidently. :lol: Yes all the armed forces have guild, but I am not a member of any, but each bell rung = another pint, so being a member of University guilds involves very little ringing!
  8. As my surname isn't Bellringer I fear I'm ineligible to join. I must confess, I'd never realised you were so numerous. Are Bellringers to supersede Smiths, Wrights and Archers?

Dear me, all this inbreeding!

I did learn bellringing at school but that was using hand bells. :oops: What's the difference, please? ;)