Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Royal Naval Acquaint Course

Royal Naval Acquaint Course

Just got back from a very enjoyable 4 days up in Inverkeithing, Thought the course was great and a must for any recruits wanting a “try before you buy†The staff were really helpful and it gives you a heads up before joining Raleigh.

The food was great too, I’ve not eaten that well for a while now, a full cooked breakfast and steaks for dinner is always a winner in my book. It’s a shame some of the younger people on the course couldn’t behave as it was us older ones who took the wrath as they stood and watched us do 20 press ups for their miss doings but hey that’s life. There was a few that got told not to bother joining until they have matured a little.

Loved the trip to Faslane but I incurred a trapped nerve in my neck from the circuit training so been walking round like frankenstien, the SA80 training was fun and got my first step on a small frigate.

Smashed my time on the 1.5 mile run too, achieved it in 9 min 30 sec so not bad after my initial PJFT time of 10 min 40, think I came 2nd out of the 30 or so that ran it!!

All I can say is roll on Raleigh

Happy days

I will do sgtpepperband, I am just eager to get my date now. I hope It's not too late as i would prefer to do my 9 weeks straight without a brake for Christmas

It's great that you enjoyed this course and it will help prepare you for Raleigh. If you get an entry date soon then you should get through the 9 weeks before the break for Xmas.

Hope it all works out for you

Neil = Supermario

:nemo:

Thanks, I think the only prep I really need to do is some swimming lessons, I barely made it on the swimming test, I panicked when water was getting in my mouth and the heavy boiler suit made it very difficult for me to actually swim, treading the water was a doddle but had to do my final length on my back

Dutch

Badgeman
Stefan; Pleased to hear you enjoyed the RNAC. I loved every minute of mine, although it seems a long time ago since I did it to be honest.
Sounds like we both experienced taking the pain of having a select few of the younger ones acting up and not taking it as serious as they perhaps should.
Shame you didnt enjoy the swimming fella. That was one of the highlights of the course for me. Make sure you get in plenty of swimming so your confidence and strength in the water builds.

Correct me if I am wrong, you are a fellow SEA? you got your date yet? I am still waiting for mine. It has so far been the most agonising wait of my life. I am hoping for September for mine, I should get confirmation at the end of this month. Although my AFCO told me that they had taken more people on for training in the summer term than they should of done, so therefore are not sure on how many people will be allocated a place for the next term. I am just crossing fingers for a date before the end of the year to be honest!

Jamie534

Badgeman
Good to hear you enjoyed it. I'm waiting now for my join date and was thinking about enquiring about going on a RNAC and now i definately think i'll have to ring the AFCO and get it sorted.

Dutch – I am still waiting for my date for Seaman Spec, and yes I feel your pain in terms of waiting to receive that call or letter. I think the highlight for me was the running time I achieved and taking my first step on board a Frigate. I am going to enquire to my local baths and see if they will let me swim in a t-shirt or light weight strap on weights to get used to swimming with extra weight on me.

Jamie534 – Yes I would highly recommend trying to get a date for the RNAC it will give you more insight to how life will be and you can ask the staff any burning questions you have. They cram a lot of stuff in the 3 to 4 days your there. I even got a pack lunch for the journey home haha

Topaz

Lantern Swinger
Eeeek just got back yesterday.
Absolutly loved every second of it.

Loved the circuits in PT even though the PTI is so scarey!
Its amazing how I ate a fryup everday and still managed to shed a few pounds in 3days!!

You definatly must go.

HOPPY1403

Lantern Swinger
I enjoyed mine I also found the swim hard but I finshed it you don't have to pay for anything for this course travel warrant is given to you and food is free and good glad you enjoyed it I did.

lucy

Midshipman
I'm really excited about going to Raleigh in about a weeks time, from everything posted on here should be a brilliant time! Is anyone else going?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil FB: NAVYfit - Royal Naval Sports Awards 2020 - Cancellation Sports and Adventure Training 1
soleil FB: Royal Naval Benevolent Trust - Go Ahead For RNBT’s Centenary Care Home Project, Admiral Jellicoe House. Charity 2
soleil FB: "Whittall Division Are Making History At Britannia Royal Naval College" Bases / Shore Est 4
soleil RN Website: "Britannia Royal Naval College Lights Up For VE Day" Bases / Shore Est 3
soleil Tw: Commander Maritime Reserves - Royal Naval Reserves & Royal Marines Reserve Survey 2020 Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
soleil Shephard Media: Naval review 2019: The never-ending Year of the (Royal) Navy The Fleet 3
G Royal Naval Pilot Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
G Royal Naval Pilot Joining the Royal Navy 5
B Royal Navy start date Naval airman 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 2
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy and Royal Marines train alongside partner naval forces MoD News 0
C Royal naval personnel on HMC ships? The Fleet 5
R Royal Naval Writers' Association Social & Reunions 10
P MoD awards £3.2bn in contracts for UK’s naval bases and Royal Navy fleet Current Affairs 8
K i decided to choose Royal Navy Naval Airman The Fleet Air Arm 23
S HMS FORWARD AND FLYING FOX Royal Guard at dedication of Naval Memorial Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
trehorn Royal Naval Division Commemorative Dinner Social & Reunions 12
soleil MoD: "Royal Naval Reserve: Frequently Asked Questions" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
soleil S Wales Evening Post: "Press-Ganged Into Getting Fit With The Royal Naval Reserves" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
soleil Pompey News: "Royal Naval Medic Becomes The First To Pass Diver Course" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil Herald Express: "Final Parade Of The Year At Britannia Royal Naval College" Bases / Shore Est 0
Q Question for Royal Naval Reservists Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 160
soleil YouTube: "Royal Naval Reservists Take The Plunge" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 1
R Joining Royal Naval Reserve as a single Parent Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
R Joining Royal Naval Reserve as a single Parent Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
soleil Halifax Courier: "Royal Naval Reserves Appeal For Members" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
soleil Facebook: Royal Naval Reserve: HMS Scotia - RFA Fort Victoria Deployment Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 20
soleil Get a Taste for the Royal Naval Reserve - Video Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 12
soleil Britannia Royal Naval College Open Day - Saturday, July 27th 2013 Bases / Shore Est 4
soleil "A New Approach To Royal Naval Reserve Officer Initial Naval Training" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 25
D Royal Naval History and famous words by Duke of Wellington History 21
soleil Dorset Echo: "Royal Naval Commander Sails Into Home Port" SCC and URNU 0
soleil Homeport Magazine: "Life In The Royal Naval Reserves" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
soleil Shortlist: "A Day In The Life Of A Royal Naval Reservist" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 1
soleil YouTube: "Becoming A Royal Naval Reservist" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
MoD_RSS Princess Royal attends naval cadets' passing out parade MoD News 1
soleil Falmouth Packet: "Navy Officer From Penzance In Female First For Royal Naval College" Bases / Shore Est 1
MoD_RSS Libyan Navy visits Royal Naval training bases Current Affairs 0
H Royal naval division - world war one - sailors who became soldiers History 25
P The Famous Corner House Royal Naval Tot Day 2012 - 28th July Social & Reunions 1
A ITV: Royal Naval Medics Train at Sea Current Affairs 8
soleil "Gravesend Royal Naval Reservist Marks 30 Years Service" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
T 'End of an Era' by RJ Daniels. Former head of Royal Corps of Naval Constructors The Book Club 0
soleil "Royal Naval Reservists Swap Day Job For Year In Fast Patrol Squadron In Gibraltar" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 18
MoD_RSS Royal couple visit UK naval personnel in Bahrain Current Affairs 7
soleil New Royal Naval Reserve Unit Section On The Re-Vamped Royal Navy Website Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
soleil Pompey News: Ex Royal Navy Personnel Can Find Work At Portsmouth Naval Base Job Fair The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
soleil Wirral Globe: "Top Award For Royal Naval Reservist From Wirral" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 1
MoD_RSS Royal Naval submarine ceremonial re-entry into fleet Current Affairs 0
Ninja_Stoker Her Majesty's Royal Naval Service Eligibility & Guidance Notes Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
soleil Herald: Hundreds Of West Country Royal Marines And Naval Personnel Heading For Libya Current Affairs 1