royal marinewaiting times

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by wil5924, Jan 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. does anybody know what the current royal marine waiting times are.Also if i have made an application to join submarine service and am at interview stage can i transfer to royal marines

2. I once waited a very long time!!!!!!! the train was late! or so I was told! I heard a dit the other day that a young bootie in training was sent to the Troop Sgt for a longweight. He was told to go to the gym and the duty PTI would get him one. Probs still there!
    Anyone missing a Nod?

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Most people take around 8-9 months on average to join the Corps in the current climate, however timescales are getting longer as there are more applicants.

You will get a definite yes/no at each stage of the process, for example, if you fail the Recruiting Test, it's a "No" at that stage- you can go no further. Likewise at interview, medical, PJFT & PRMC.

To give you an idea (bearing in mind it varies from AFCO to AFCO & time of year):

Submitting Application forms to Recruiting Test - typically about 4 to 6 weeks
    Passing test to medical- typically within two weeks of returning eyetest forms.
    Passing Medical to PJFT - up to 28 days
    Passing PJFT to Interview - usually 2 - 3 weeks
    Passing Interview to PRMC - usually 6-8 weeks
    Passing PRMC to entry- usually between 8 to 12 weeks

Again, it is quite unusual for someone to 100% ready to attend PRMC from the outset - the "wake-up call" usually happens after you pass medical & if you have the luxury of attending a Royal Marines Acquaint Day before you request to attend a PRMC.

Admininstration Tips to ensure your selection runs smoothly And as fast as possible:

To ensure the earliest possible entry date, with regard the process aspects:

Ú¤ FULLY complete & return application form to sit the recruiting test - Check Full postal addresses & contact details correct.

Ú¤ Pass Recruiting Test

Ú¤ Return FULLY completed Security Questionnaire & Medical Questionnaire - must be BLACK ink, covering a full 5 years of previous addresses of yourself & parents (& partner, if applicable)

Ú¤ Return fully completed Application form (including references) Medical Questionnaire & Consent form. Remember to keep AFCO informed of changes in contact details or personal circumstances.

Ú¤ Pass eyesight test (before medical)

Ú¤ Pass Medical

Ú¤ Ensure both references are completed & returned by your nominated referees- CHECK.

Ú¤ Pass Pre-Joining Fitness Test

Ú¤ Pass Selection Interview

Ú¤ Pass PRMC

Ú¤ Provide 2 X colour passport photographs.

Ú¤ Return all completed entry documentation upon receipt- do not delay

4. Waiting!! A good Royal Marine (Notice the capitals at the start of the Corps title there?) is always 5 minutes early. If you're still waiting you've missed the transport.

5. That's nothing, I sent a lad for a large Spur-Lash once, he came back soaking!