Royal Marines requirements

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Clem, Feb 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello evry1. I'am 20 years of age. I have lived in England now for 10 years but have a german passport. My dream would be to join the Royal Marines. Would I have to gain British citizensip before I can join or is living in England enough to be eligible to join the british military?

Thankyou for you information and answers! :thanks:

2. Oh dear clem. I can see some piss taking coming on! Welcome anyway!

3. Why don't you look on the RN website?

Oh, and don't mention zee war!

Only kidding mate, welcome.

4. Hi Clem, you appear to be in the wrong place for general Newbie stuff, try here.
    http://www.navy-net.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewforum/f=24.html
    Have a look in the sticky threads, most of which have been started by Ninja Stoker, a well respected RR member who works as an Armed Forces Career Officer and so can be relied on for content, the general threads also contain some good advice along with pish takes from those who have served.
    This will probably be moved into the newbies forum once Karma finds it.
    NZB

5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I will resist from taking the p1ss..I vill, I vill...I vill....

6. Welkommen to ze RumRation Clem. Watch the submariners: they don't realise the last world war is over.... pinnnnng.... pinnnnng...

PS: If you have a brain then the Marines will fail you as far too brainy to participate in the traditional and ancient booty sport of Roll Mat Fighting. You could become a Communicator instead... where all the brainy matelots go... ;)

For more informal info about the Booties see here...
    http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Royal_Marines

7. Sorry to bite...And you would know how?
    NZB