Royal Marines practise urban combat skills

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by MoD_RSS, Mar 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. For home or away?
  3. What is new about Royal sharpening his urban combat skills?
  4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

This could end badly.....We need your help! We are trying out designs for a new single website for all of government and we'd love your feedback. Please visit the 'Government beta site' by clicking on the link under Related Links.
  5. Had a look - it's not the best...
  6. I had stacks of urban combat, in the Albany, Lennox, Wiltshire Grey, and the Kepples head. Not least by that hotdog stand outside the main dockyard gate.
  7. The text says ' Following on from their experiences of compound clearance work in Afghanistan, the 45 men are now training to operate in more complex and industrial urban environments.'

having read the article it informs us of X Coy of 45 commando 'doing their stuff'

i wonder how they worked out that there were only 45 men in X Coy?

or are there only 45 men in 45 Commando? :biggrin:
  8. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

A mucker of mine told me there was a plank of wood as rear party when 42 went away. No-one got the joke. I might be lying of course.
  9. 'bone meter off'

i dont get it :confused2:

'bone meter on'

it reminded me on one Norway when after a day on the ranges the Noggies sent one coach to collect 45 Commando - oh how we laughed!

do you think the MOD posters have made a similar mistake?
  10. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

42. 4 by 2.

Only a fool would call them Forty Two.
  11. ah, i get it now - thanks BR
  12. Is something happening this summer?
  13. Isn't 4x2 used for cleaning double-barrelled guns?
  14. .. Yeah!, I remember you .... didn't you used to dance around the bar, smiling in the mirrors in the 60/70s ? .. Pete ??? ... ;)
  15. I know this is probably the wrong thread for this (but at least you are discussing booties). I am trying to trace my grandfather who was a bootie way back (1900 or earlier), is there a source for searching Royal Marine records for this time period. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  16. dont know about double-barrelled guns but it was certainly the size for cleaning/pulling thru the SLR 7.62mm. Oiling the barrell was 4 by 1.5

time to get out of the house for some air i think.................
  17. 4x2.jpg

4x2 roll. My 'funny' fell on stony ground and I don't even think it's that clever myself anymore.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. I suppose the booties had to train for urban combat somewhere since the demise of Unionstrasse in Guzz.
  19. :eek:utlet: Got the posing in mirrors bit right. Still do.My era was the 1950s.:twisted:
  20. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Have a read of this mate, it's an old sticky but may well give you some pointers. Best of luck.