Royal Marines Police Troop

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by mikey_boi, May 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys can I join police troop straight out of the 30 weeks at CTCRM? or do I need to spend time in a commando unit first

cheers mikey

2. Er...no, The MP2 Course is only open to those who've passed their Junior Command Course IIRC and it would take a few years before you were even considered for a place on the JCC.
    Each Unit has a Provost Section commanded by the Provo Sergeant, a beloved figure amongst the Troops, and he has Regimental Policemen at his beck and call. No course, just a desire to F@#! up peoples day is required.
    NZB

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

MB: RM Police Troop is a very small unit, now under the umbrella of the Provost Marshal (Navy). Owing to the small number of personnel in the branch, promotion is not great, but if you seriously want to consider a career as a Service Policeman it maybe worth considering joining the Army as an RMP, or RN and transfer into the Regulating Branch. There are also issues for RM Police Troop L/Cpls who are doing the same jobs as an RMP Cpl/RN LREG, but are on less pay as they are on the Lower Pay Band.

PM me if you need further information. :thumright:

4. Thanks NZB and sgtpepperband kind of want to stay with the marines and navy family tradition and all that what about 539 Assault Squadron can I join them straight out of training

5. sgtpepperband

FFS! Make your mind up... :roll:

6. I'm surprised you bothered replying

"How do i do a proper Marine press-up"

"What iron should i take to raleigh"

"Is the PRMC hard"

Need i go on?? :pissedoff:

7. I'd recommend that you watch this first, to make sure you have the skill sets required. Lets face it, if you can't get a good grouping under the oggin, you'll never pass the knife fighting course. :thumright:

[​IMG]

8. :thumright: :thumright:

Coupled of course with the "killing house" and boathouse at "Hareford" (deliberate spelling mistake) we have some really good candidates i should say :thumright: :thumright:

9. Not forgetting Ultimate Force! :thumright:

10. A.K.A Ultimate dogshite!! How "Chris Ryan" put his name to that i'll never know........we'll actually we do know due to his gash books, crap programmes where he has to be rescued from Hypothermia from the Siberian wastelands..oh but the viewers didnt see that bit!! :thumright:

11. Chasing the Yankee Dollar! Mind you, as opposed to "McNab", blokes I know who've met and worked with "Chris", rate him. No excuse for him putting his name to gash though.

12. you guys are quality entertainment.....

sad to say..he doesn't help himself...

13. Sad to say that alot of you guys dont help yourselves. How do you think we managed before the internet?? I had to keep ringing my future unit and pester them to get any information as AFCO didn't deal with the RMR then.

14. I can just imagine one of those phone calls......

Ring ring ring..
    "Hello this is RMR London, no one is available to take your call at the moment, please leave a message with your name and phone number and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.....(A slight pause)
    ....Oh and for the numpties...Yes it is hard training, a steam iron is best, hair gel should only be used by prospective PTIs and grips and or holdalls should be large ...but not too large.
    Thank you for calling."
    Something like that XRD?
    NZB

15. sgtpepperband

Assuming they know how to use a telephone? I mean for making actual 'phone calls, and not for downloading ringtones and Bluetoothing shit to their chav mates... :roll:

[​IMG]

16. Is that the 'before' picture at Lympstone train station?

17. That's Lympstone Commando to you.

[​IMG]

Mind you, the Bottom Field looks like a piece of piss in this artists impression! :thumright:

[​IMG]

Piss artists impression maybe. :wtf:

18. My apologies, is this the 'before' picture at Lympstone Commando train station?

This being the 'after':
    [​IMG]

19. sgtpepperband

Do you get a better reception when you point the BFA in the air?! :wink:

20. Quality :thumright: :thumright:

I think it was more like
    RMR London "come back when your older numpty"

:thumright: :dwarf: