Royal Marines Officer

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by funpeddler, Nov 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I initially intended to join the Navy, but latley I have started to consider joining the Royal Marines as an officer. Do I need to re apply? I have not yet taken my recruit test. Essentially my question could be rephrased as, "Is the Navy recruit test the same as the marines", could I take the the Navy RT and speak to my AFCO or should I inform them now? Sorry for a bit of a convoluted question, and thannks in advance for any help.

Regards Funpeddler. Im not entierly sure ive posted this in the right place, please move if need be.

2. FP

How far have you progressed so far? I am assuming that you have visited the AFCO.

What are you offering in the way of educational qualifications eg GCSEs and A Levels?

3. I have visted the AFCO yes, had my ICP and returned the form, I have not yet had my RT.

I have 12 GCSEs, 3 A Levels and am in the last year of my Degree.

4. The RT will be the same but you will expected to achieve certain scores.

OK, I would suggest sending an e-mail to one of the CAs at your AFCO and letting them know that you are considering an application as a RM Officer.

Which part of the country are you in (roughly)? I shall dig out the e-mail address for you.

5. Thanks for the help Soleil, im in Edinburgh. So the RT remains the same but higher scores would be required? (As I applied initally as a rating) No worries if you cant find the e-mail address I can always give them a bell tommrow.

6. E-mail: [email protected]

Tel: 0131 221 1111

Officer RTs are scored differently - there are specific weightings relating to specific sections.

7. Great thanks!