Royal Marines Magazines!

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by jlong91, Dec 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

Does anybody know any good royal marines magazines that can be purchased or suscribed too... im after one but im finding it hard to find one! Any well known ones?

Cheers.

2. Thanks mate! Anymore? Or is that the lot?

3. The Corps gives you 5 magazines when you begin training. :thumright:

4. Hmm ok thanks! You going to tell me what these magazines are and where i can get them from?

5. They will all be 30-round, flat-spring, 5.56mm, curved box magazines. :thumright:

RM

6. "With a full magazine, LOADA....Not the Globe and Buster you CNUT!!"
    I think Bergan may have been winding you up mate :thumright: :w00t: , magazines also being the box like thingy that hold the rounds(Bullets) for your rifle.
    The Globe and Laurel is the Regimental magazine of the Royal Marines, you may also be able to find copies of magazines with titles like 'Special forces of the World' (I just made that up as an example) which would have articles on Royals, ask your local Public Library Reference service to do a search for you.
    NZB
    PS I do know that a copy of "Military Illustrated' from this year has a rather good article on the Invasion of the Falkland Islands in'82 starring a member of this site :dwarf: .

7. Yeah i guessed bergen was winding me up... i do love the sense of humour here ;) thanks for the help lads.

8. It depends on what you are doing in The Corps. I know that almost all the cooks used to subscribe to Food and Fine Wine Monthly Magazine :thumright:

RM

9. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

"Commando" comics where great when I was a lad,

"GGRRRRHH Rattt-atttat - tat went loftys bren"

"ARRRHHHH the pesky huns are coming cried Sarge"

"Out numbered and down to his last 2 rounds shorty still had his trusty bayonet to deal with the 30 advancing SS storm troopers"

Gotta love 'em.

10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

"PS I do know that a copy of "Military Illustrated' from this year has a rather good article on the Invasion of the Falkland Islands in'82 starring a member of this site dwarf . " ....quote NZB

....And I didn't buy it and present it to him without taking the piss......honest :hug:

11. What I bought with my pocket money:-

http://www.bookpalace.com/PicLibs/Commando/INDEX.HTM

(Number 1 is worth around £350)

12. Reminds me of a night out in Liverpool. Fight broke out these four knobs came a charging. This guy was worried his pissed up mate said there are only four of them you are a scouser aint ya! Love it!

The plastic scousers in Runcorn where/are best! Visiting scousers call the Runcorn bridge a bridge to far!!

13. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

14. now available again for sale in all good bookshops - well waterstones - saw them about 2 weeks ago!

15. #

Gott in himmel!