Royal Marines Live Chat Online

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Ninja_Stoker, Nov 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

For those wishing to join the Corps, that missed it today, here's the text of Marine Grout's "Live Chat" on the RN/RM website this afternoon.

Given the volume & diversity of questions in a very short time slot (14:00 to 16:00), I think most would agree the guy did very well.[​IMG]

Nice one Royal!

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

N_S: Who operated the keyboard for him?! :wink:

Good effort though... :thumright:

3. Ninja_Stoker

The guy is a RM clerk, but I'm sure he had assistance with regard the in-depth recruiting questions - even though it's my full-time job & get zillions of PM's asking the same sort of stuff, I have to refer to reference books & ask subject experts before replying.

There's this mental picture of some poor guy in a darkened room having loads of "experts" hurling correct, rapid-fire answers at him! Afghanistan/Iraq will seem less tense at times!

4. Ninja_Stoker

How about this for a question/answer?

"Question 48. Norman Stanley Fletcher: Hi, I am re-tiling my bathroom at the moment. Could you give me some tips?

15:23

Marine Grout: in response to Question 48.

Hi, I am re-tiling my bathroom at the moment. Could you give me some tips?

Don't eat yellow snow royal"

Absolute quality!

Check the link above & scroll to question 48, it's for real!

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hehe... it could be a genuine question! I mean, they sell marine grout in B&Q don't they?! :wink:

6. Norman Stanley Fletcher...Ronnie Barker ..Porridge or have we now got the NORMANS real name? :w00t: :bball: :thumright:
    NZB