Royal Marines Admiralty Interview Board (AIB)

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Chad, May 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello

I have applied for a Corps Commission in the Royal Marines. With my AIB rapidly approaching and my preparation time shrinking daily, any insight into the PSYCHOMETRIC TESTS would be much appreciated.

What is the nature of the maths questions? Am I required to be squared away with:

1) Trig
    2) Algebra
    3) Fractions
    4) nth Terms

And if what level? GCSE? A Level?

Many Thanks and Kind Regards

2. Dear Dagger,

Many thanks for that. I love reading civvies gobbing off about the Corps!

I was really hoping for a more definitive answer regarding the tests....instead of "I'm an 18yr old spotty student who doesn't like uni so think I'll be a Royal Marine!"

Chad X
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

4. Dear Chad (hope that name doesn't best describe you) :thumright:

If your having problems finding that kind of information on here i suggest you speak to ninjastoker via a PM.

Now that was easy wasn't it!!
  5. Winner....thanks Ninja!

Do you know precisely what the maths tests involve? I seem only to be able to gather vague responses.

Chad X
  6. No i'm not ninja mate although i was described as a phys ninja on occasions. You have to physically PM ninja by finding his username and erm PM'ing him. :thumright:

XRD xx
  7. Roger....out X
  8. Dagger....that was a message to Ninja Stoker.....not you.

Happy Days
  9. What you the fecking "fonz" now then??
  10. Good one X
  11. So where is ninja then?? I know he's on covert ops down at the AFCO but this is ridiculous!! :thumright: :thumright:

"Ninj, Ninj, where are you mate, havent seen you on this post yet. Ninj, here boy this lad has spoken to you on here where are you???""
  12. Has it occurred to you that ex_rubber dagger may be a civie now but has possible served for several years in the corp?
    With your attitude if you manage to become a RM occifer I suggest leading from the rear if asked to lead an attack.
  13. I was actually hoping to be mistaken for 18 again slim but oh well!! I was always a civvy hence my username but had the privilege to work within a regular unit for a while
  14. In that case perhaps he's right and you should wind your neck in.
    Working with a unit as a civie doesn't really qualify as a soldier. :thumright:
  15. PMSL I'm thinking young slim that your not aware as to what a Rubberdagger is mate otherwise it would be you who is in need of winding said neck in lofty!! :thumright:
  16. Gentlemen

My email is toppers with replies.

I think there have been some crossed wires here.

Dagger, I was thanking you for providing me with the link which when I clicked on it.....was full of 18yr old civvies gobbing off. I was not accusing you of being 18yr old civpop.

Your oppo Ninja sent me a post with a link which was very useful...and I thanked him accordingly.

Slim, I was not intentionally being gobby to your man Dagger, but felt some of his replies were toppers with attitude.

I am a new member and not used to the banter on here. If I have caused offence I am sorry.
  17. I think you will find that the problem i have is down to people not opening their eyes and hunting down information for themselves. How do you think people got the information before the internet was invented??

However i understand that you were not being intentionally gobby!!
  18. Is it just me or has young Chad, just proposed to cheat his way through the tests by attempting to get a "definitive" response to the actual questions?

Does the AIB not have those writing any test undertake not to discuss the contents anymore? I recall being told not to discuss the contents and questions in detail. Level playing field and all that...

Oh and the part about civvys gobbing off...

You are a serving member again how Chad? Clue, not enrolled = still a civvy.
  19. With phrases such as "Toppers" used i suspect our Chad is in fact a Cadet. Oh deep joy!! :thumright: :thumright: