Royal Marine Recruiting/Training/Queries In here.

Do you think they know it's you phoning then?
I know now from Ninja Stokers reply that they probably don't, no. I will have to be more patient I think, because its only been a week and i'm rocking in my chair and biting my finger nails. I'm just worried because of the medical, which I can't change the outcome of if I have something they can reject me for.

A friend of a friend, has told me that someone they know has applied for the Royal Marines, passed all the tests, and still hasn't been offered a place and its been two years. Is this the norm? I'm being told it will take about 6 months, and I applied a week ago, but I'm hoping this guy was going for officer as I can understand it could take that long for that.

Good evening Rum Ration, I have been a successful candidate this far! Will be completing my medical next week and dont see any reason for my SC to delay. Any ideas as to potential dates for PRMC?

Sincerely

DC

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Good evening Rum Ration, I have been a successful candidate this far! Will be completing my medical next week and dont see any reason for my SC to delay. Any ideas as to potential dates for PRMC?
Assuming you've passed the interview (as well as the recruiting test) and haven't yet passed the PJFT, it dpends on when you complete the latter.

If you pass the medical on the day (without a referral) and take the PJFT within the week, you should be able to get on a PRMC by early October at the outside. At present there is a shortfall of RM applicants in relation to the numbers required and many PRMCs are being conducted well below capacity.

During PRMC are the press ups and sits ups done to a beep, or is it as many as you can do in 2 minutes.
I know pull ups are done to a beep.
And is it always done in the order of press ups, then sit ups, then pull ups.

Hey guys, I'm looking to join the Royal Marines, but I had a time in my life when I was 16 where I felt down due to family reasons (dad who I didn't see much) I was a bit of an idiot looking for attention so I went to a doctor and got told I had depression, not just any depression but a depressive conduct disorder which apparently is not uncommon in teenagers, the depressive adjustment/conduct disorder I had was only treated for about 2 weeks, when I was given 2 weeks worth of prozac pills which I did not take. I also had some behavior problems when I was around the age of 14-16, where I got into trouble at school and was a twat that smoked cannabis for about a year and a half, I stopped a month after my 16th birthday and have matured a lot since. It is all on my medical records and I was wondering if this would be a complete bar to joining, I know for depression you have to be 2-3 years clear, and I read that for misuse of cannabis you have to be 3 years clear, so If I apply when one and a half years clear of cannabis use and depression (conduct disorder) will I be deferred for a bit or made permanently medically unfit? Cheers for any answers guys sorry for the long post.

I think it's the third very similar story this year. Have a gander at other threads and you'll find the answer.

Thanks angry doc, mind telling me where I can find these threads? I use the search bar and it comes up with old posts from years ago and I know things have changed since then.
Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
Thanks angry doc, mind telling me where I can find these threads? I use the search bar and it comes up with old posts from years ago and I know things have changed since then.

wet_blobby

War Hero
Just wondering does anybody know how long it takes on average to become a sergeant? And is it seen as difficult to reach that rank?
My old man use to hold the record for promotion from Marine to Sgt, excluding WW2 I presume. ( It helps if you're in a combat zone and the incumbent stripey and senior lance jack come to grief) Buggered if I know the exact amount of time, 3 or 4 years I think from joining up.

Okay this might seem a bit 'jack' but......
My son hopes to start RM training in early Feb 15. Basic training is 32 weeks, but does that include any breaks. Do they have time off in the Summer like at Christmas.
Just trying to work out when he will pass out - i figure early Oct. Just we have booked a 3 week holiday in Sept 15 - we will not miss pass out parade (TOP PRIORITY).
Also I know any injuries etc can delay progress but hopefully he'll avoid them.

He will be the 5th generation so serve in the forces, although the first RM.

Rover

Lantern Swinger
This should give you a time frame to work with.

Xmas 2014 - 20 Dec to 04 Jan 2015
Easter 28 Mar to 12 Apr 2015
Summer 08 Aug to 30 Aug
Xmas 2015 - 19 Dec to 03 Jan 2016

Kings Squad around mid/late October?

This site is perhaps a more direct link to RM training, http://www.royalmarines.uk/

Last edited:
Another request for info.
My son is hoping to go into basic within 2 weeks of completing the PRMC.
Is there anywhere we can get hold of a current kit list required for basic. My son thinks he'll have bags of time, but my wife and I are both ex Army (no booing please), and we would like to get prepped sooner than later. He will understand when he has been in for a while.