Royal Marine Officer

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by oken4916, Apr 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am 21 and looking to joining the Marines as an officer. My basic atributes are as follows.

Grades - B, B, D at A level, 12 GCSE grades B and above.

Achievements- Cadet Force NCO officer, Duke of Edinburgh award scheme, shooting team and shooting club. Scout association from a young age. Active sportsman, played 3-4 hours a day at school (rugby, hockey, tennis)

The physical aspect, although daunting, is something I can do if I train hard. As it stands I work out 4 times a week, which I will increase. And I am going to reduce the weight training and increase the body weight exercises and cardio dramatically. Though got any hidden surprises ,I was told beasting is something people dont take into account and not something they expect whilst completing the entry tests. But any other words of wisdom would be a huge help.

Although my two main concerns are the Mental aspect and the AIB. Got any advice on how to pass it?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  2. Sounds like you have it covered, and you will not expereince a "beasting" anymore, you may get some extra phizz, but not a beasting. Have a look at the AIB thread, and don't discount "luck" and injuries. Good luck.
  3. Oh really!

Whilst self confidence is essential to ensure 'passing out' i would proffer to suggest that you never ever ever say that out load again (words in bold) for fear of being nominated for 'cock of the week'

Good luck with you AIB
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Yeh I do sound like a dick for saying that Im not usually a cocky twat, and as it stands Id probably die if I even attempted any Marine level fitness. Though thats why Im training. As for the training though got any advice? Thanks
  5. Yeh injuries are a big concern, something you cant control and highly likely considering the length of the training. Thanks for the advice
  6. Oken, there are shed loads of previous posts/discussion on this subject and for me/us to avoid having to repeat ourselves endlessly I recommended the 'search function' to you. Lots of useful stuff to trawl through

i hope this helps
  7. Was I too subtle Rigsby? :D

Oken try Ninja Stokers PRMC forum site for training tips
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

One assumes you're aware that there's only one entry a year (each September) and it's advisable to start the application about 9 months prior to entry to allow room to manoeuvre. The big pitfalls for most RM YO applicants is the Recruiting Test and AIB rather than the POC as it's taken as read the individual arrives adequately prepared physically.

The PRMC Forum has recently re-located onto the RN Website but for some bizarre and unfathomable reason, it's not visible to users who haven't registered and logged-in. That said, there are plenty of Potential RM Officers and trained ranks who frequent the site to give up to the minute advice if you haven't already paid a visit.

Best o'luck.
  9. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Sign up somewhere before you join for map reading lessons. I dont know what they teach the YO's down at Lympstone but it doesn't seem to work.
    • Like Like x 2