Royal Marine Officer Recruitment

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by guy7389, Oct 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Apologies if my questions have been answered already. I've just started my application process to join as a Royal Marine Officer. If anyone could clear up some of my Q it would be much appreciated.

1. Is there just one officer intake/year and is that intake in September every year?

2. How often to POC and AIB courses run?

3. I understand that you should be under 26 on the first month of entry. How set in stone is this i.e is there still a possibility of getting in if I'm already 26 before the 1st month of training?

Thats all

2. Welcome, please don't think I'm getting at you (because the NSPCC - Newbie Stupid Posts Create Confusion - gang will be on to me) but surely these are questions that your AFCO will gladly and quickly answer.
    I realise that the "RM Training Enquiries in here" thread is long but remember that

" The Royal Marines Ethos equals Individual Commando Spirit and Collective Group Values of:

Cheerfulness in the face of adversity
    Professional Standards
    Commando Humour" and you could practice several of them wading through it or searching (see Forum Index page) through the Newbies or the above thread. Ninja Stoker is a good "author" for the search parameters Good Luck!

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

1. Yes

2. POCs about two a month (ish), depending on numbers. AIB's about every week during term time

3. No, unfortunately not.

All RMR recruits must join as Other Ranks but those applying for Corps Commission on completion of Phase One RMR training may apply up until the age of 30.

Have a butchers on the Official RM Forum if you haven't already.

Good luck.
  4. Thank you both for your replies.

Very much appreciated.