Royal Marine fined for loyalty

I'll chuck in a fiver so they old boy can can have a pint and forget about the two jobsworths.

Fcuking bone idol idiots, obviously no crime in Liverpool today then........ :roll:

slim

War Hero
Plates have to be manufactured by registered people. Surely these manufacturers should know the regulations and refuse to make number plates which do not comply with the law.
Time to fine the plate makers instead of the users.

Slim, that crossed my mind as well. The scuffs do themselves no favours by these bone actions. This has certain similarities with the "political correctness" Thread.

I really feel sorry for the bloke. Not quite the same thing but the MoD Plod once chased me from Box village to Copenacre Depot because of my number plate irregularity. I had silver on black plates on my elderly, but not elderly enough, Rover Truck. They passed me in the opposite direction, clocked the plate, carried on to a place to turn round, chased me and caught me up; and I was doing bloody 60! They didn't "book" me for it but did make me take a certificate (not free!) from an MoT Centre to Bath cop shop to prove that my wagon had been made legal. If he really was "in tears" I expect it was through red rage and frustration.

Pongo080

Midshipman
Passed-over_Loggie said:
Slim, that crossed my mind as well. The scuffs do themselves no favours by these bone actions. This has certain similarities with the "political correctness" Thread.

I really feel sorry for the bloke. Not quite the same thing but the MoD Plod once chased me from Box village to Copenacre Depot because of my number plate irregularity. I had silver on black plates on my elderly, but not elderly enough, Rover Truck. They passed me in the opposite direction, clocked the plate, carried on to a place to turn round, chased me and caught me up; and I was doing bloody 60! They didn't "book" me for it but did make me take a certificate (not free!) from an MoT Centre to Bath cop shop to prove that my wagon had been made legal. If he really was "in tears" I expect it was through red rage and frustration.

What transpired from the conversation that I had with him, was, that he has also recently lost his wife, so that makes it somewhat connected as from what the article indicated, his Mrs was proud of his background and I suggest there is a subliminal link between what 'we' see as just a badge and what 'he' connects it with.

'It allows our technology to work more efficiently' said the acting whoever he is.
Are we all now slave to this spy mentality, a small badge not allowed to interfere with the powers that be spying on our private property?
A rule or law is simply that, it doesn't have to be sensible or worthwhile.
The officers that gave the man the fine should be ashamed of themselves and the acting whoever should take a reality check.

Pongo080

Midshipman
Update gents

Ive just had a phone call from our Mr Horlick ( The ex royal )
He received a letter this morning containing a cheque to cover his fine.
I'm not sure whether it came from ARRSE or R.R. but either way he's chuffed to bollocks, I do know it was from a serving member of the forces BTW so won't name him. :thumright:

Having seen the error of his ways over this heinous offence he'd now like to purchase one of those rear window sticky thingies, so, where can he get one chaps?

wet_blobby said:
Jack77 said:
Ex Royal Marine reduced to tears? Tell them to eff off and possibly put the boot in perhaps, but tears? Surely they have got the story wrong? :dwarf:

Ex Bandie mate, probably tears of frustration at the way the coppers are turning into petty minded beurocrats with left leaning tendancies.

Ye Gods have the nut cutlet eating tree huggers even managed to infiltrate that bastion of the right, the Freemasons lodge.

The police would be better employed knocking the burberry baseball caps of the thick heads of the scumbag yobbos instead of worrying about a number plate. What ever happened to the mutual respect between the cops and military? Probably a couple of knobbers who joined the police out of a fear that they might get called up for military service.

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Good news about the fine. Well done Pongo 080 for spreading the word.
The two cops probably wonder why they're getting more unpopular.
NZB

fly_past

Lantern Swinger
Sgt PepperBand - anything to add at this point? You can usually shed some insight and decency to a thread - even if we dont always agree.

slim said:
Plates have to be manufactured by registered people. Surely these manufacturers should know the regulations and refuse to make number plates which do not comply with the law.

You are right Slim people shouldnt be allowed to sell plates that are illegal to use, but all the registration of plate manufacturers is about identifying who makes false plates not slightly illegal to display plates. In this odd world we live in there are quite a few things it is legal to buy and sell but illegal to use.

As ever with these things I suspect there is more to this that is being said, was the poor chap set up by aneigbhors whom he had upset, did he get stroppy with Mr Plod and so get a ticket instead of a warning.

OSLO

War Hero
slim said:

Like off licenses and supermarkets not selling booze to under age drinkers, or tattooists asking for a birth certificate to check you're not under age?