Royal marine commando waiting times currently?

Teepot

Hello, I’ve recently applied to join the Royal Marines as a commando, was just wondering if any one could let me know how long the process will take to start training. I know the timing can be different for everyone just curious to see if anyone has gone through the process recently and could give me a realistic idea.

Update (13/09/21):

Had a call from my local AFCO today, due to my grades from school I am able to skip the recruit test, and they have booked me in for my interview this week.

Last edited:

Waspie

War Hero
Hello, I’ve recently applied to join the Royal Marines as a commando, was just wondering if any one could let me know how long the process will take to start training. I know the timing can be different for everyone just curious to see if anyone has gone through the process recently and could give me a realistic idea.
Problem is!! People, (you), come here asking for answers. When they are not forthcoming they disappear!! (Understandably).

However, no-one Ever EVER comes back after going through the training process and offers that advice for folk like yourself.

One great perpetuating pit of unhelpfulness!!!!

Best advice - ask your AFCO. I would guess they will at least give you an answer!!!!

Teepot

Problem is!! People, (you), come here asking for answers. When they are not forthcoming they disappear!! (Understandably).

However, no-one Ever EVER comes back after going through the training process and offers that advice for folk like yourself.

One great perpetuating pit of unhelpfulness!!!!

Best advice - ask your AFCO. I would guess they will at least give you an answer!!!!
yeah that’s understandable, I’ll bear it in mind and head back over here when I do get to training and post on here how long it takes so people can find the answers.

Going to give them a call and see what they are saying about it. Thanks for the help