Royal gets shot in the arse

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by HarryBosch, Jul 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Re: Royal getting shot in the arse

Superb stuff, yet another classic from 42 Commando, that really brings it home.

I was very impressed with the rescue of a fallen comrade on the outside of the Apache helicopters (I actually recruited one of those young lads). Braver men than me, that's for sure.

It's noted that 'sympathy' is still located in the Royals' dictionary between 'shit' & 'syphilis'.
  2. I saw this footage a while ago. Again i found it hilarious that this lad was getting no sympathy from his oppos during the firefight.
  3. Nice dit, Ninja. P.S. Royal would think Jack was barmy fighting fires near magazines, UXBs etc in the depths of a pussers war canoe!

Nutty: Guy in our troop had an ND with an LMG whilst getting out of a Rover in NI in 79 . Shot himself in the foot and was made to hop to the heli pad whilst getting stick from his brick :)
  4. LOL, easily done mate. You can hear his oppo maning the GPMG telling him to apply the safety catch to his weopon to avoid such embarassment.

Bloke i knew with SO19 was going to the scene of a bank robbery in London many years ago. De-bussed with all their kit on and his oppo drew his weopon and again shot himself in the foot.

Also, if you notice armed police have an extendable piece of cord that links the weopon (pistol) to the person. Its not a good idea to get this piece of cord wrapped inside the trigger guard and ND into ones leg as what happened a while ago near to where i live. Coppers and firearms are nearly as scary as matlots.......
  5. Ha Ha ... would love to have seen that. Never knew lanyards were supposed to double as a tourniquet for the femoral artery! :)
  6. Yeah, it was the coiled type of lanyard that did it. A colleague was called out to deal with it and was made up that he had treated a gunshot wound.

7. Its funny when he turns the camera to his face and starts talking and complaining hes shot in the ass.
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Quite agree! he's just as well having a "mank" to camera as all the others are a bit (understandably) pre-occupied.

Notwithstanding the obvious gallows humour in this, I'm entirely confident that his fellow combatants, having established it wasn't life-threatening, would have paid more attention were it necessary.
  9. ingnorant part time matelot here, but why do they say at the start "what it is like to be a SOLDIER in Afghan" I thought they were Marines.
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Dare I say it as a matelot? Sod it, why not.

The Royal Marines are indeed soldiers. They are in fact called sea soldiers (try saying that after a coupla beers!) in fact, according to the latest RM driven advertising.

It may say Royal Navy on the ID card, but they undergo the longest infantry training in the world and have a similar rank structure to the Army, but many would say they're "a bit more nails".

Doubtless others would disagree.