Royal Equerry

#3
Lynx

The Royal Navy compiles a shortlist from its Senior Officers and submits it to Buckingham Palace. The candidate chosen then spends a two year long tour of duty with HM The Queen.

The Royal Navy, RAF and Army take it in turns to make nominations for this post. The current holder is from the RAF.

The Royal Navy's most recent Equerry to HM The Queen is this gentleman:

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/operati...s-ark-royal/command-group/commander-logistics
 

Lynx101

Lantern Swinger
#4
fantasitc! I should think it is a very interesting job! RE: janner, I have been accepted to BRNC commencing 26th April 2010!! yay! :D
 
#5
I imagine that the chances of you being selected for this post were established when your father threw his junk up your mum all those years ago.

If your father referred to sex as 'that ghastly business' and your mum pulled up her nightgown just high enough for access (whilst simultaneously writing to her niece about the approaching Débutante season) then you are in with a shot.
 
#6
JonnoJonno said:
I imagine that the chances of you being selected for this post were established when your father threw his junk up your mum all those years ago.

If your father referred to sex as 'that ghastly business' and your mum pulled up her nightgown just high enough for access (whilst simultaneously writing to her niece about the approaching Débutante season) then you are in with a shot.
If ever i am feeling down i can always rely on jonno to bring a smile to my face.

I am starting to think that he is indeed human prozac :p
 
#7
Lynx101, the ossifer version of Credders? Vying with Comm to appear to be the love child of Baldrick and Jade Goody?
You've got to admire someone who thinks that because they've got a date to turn up at BRNC, that it's a foregone conclusion that they'll be weilding the pooper scooper for the corgis or holding umbrellas over the Royal nogging at some point in their, no doubt, illustrious career to be. :roll:
 
#8
Lynx101 said:
fantasitc! I should think it is a very interesting job! RE: janner, I have been accepted to BRNC commencing 26th April 2010!! yay! :D
What ho, Lynx101 from Surrey!

Yes, Go for it – Slap in a Request Form as soon as you enter the gates of BRNC.
Just tell ‘em that you are seeking every opportunity to wear your famous Suite (if it still fits one):

Lynx101 Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:29 pm

I will be wearing a suite for my interview, Apart from Royal Navy things, my suite has been used for loads of other things, weddings, family occasions and othr formal occasions. I am also 16 like your son, and I think you should get him a suite, it will make him feel proper and give him confidence in the interview.


[/unquote]

Re your 'yay!'

Is the end of term approaching :?:

Best get it all out of your system BEFORE you get to BRNC, otherwise...... :evil:
 

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
#9
Lynx101 said:
fantasitc! I should think it is a very interesting job! RE: janner, I have been accepted to BRNC commencing 26th April 2010!! yay! :D
Accepted for training, not qualified for anything, a lot don't make the end of the course, you would be better concentrating on whats happening now instead of whats unlikely to happen.

Is that a three piece suite you'll be wearing or just the normal type of jacket and trousers that if they match can be called a suit? :wink:
 
#10
janner said:
Lynx101 said:
fantasitc! I should think it is a very interesting job! RE: janner, I have been accepted to BRNC commencing 26th April 2010!! yay! :D
Accepted for training, not qualified for anything, a lot don't make the end of the course, you would be better concentrating on whats happening now instead of whats unlikely to happen.

Is that a three piece suite you'll be wearing or just the normal type of jacket and trousers that if they match can be called a suit? :wink:
Reckon its the cheaper two piece suite, sofa and 1 armchair.
 
#11
I understand that if Labour form the next government the position of Royal equerry is to change.
The position will be given to someone from a Chav council estate, preferably from an ethic minority. Being female will be an advantage and being homosexual may also score points.
The selected cretin will be fast tracked through Dartmouth, promoted annually until senior enough and then will replace the current equerry.
Labour can then state that this really is a country of opportunities and the RN is at last Class Free
 

Lynx101

Lantern Swinger
#12
haha! Obviously they wouldn't want a plebby 18 yr old like me, I was just seeing how they select someone for that as it seems pretty special.
 

Capn_Pugwash

Lantern Swinger
#14
WreckerL said:
Lynx101 said:
haha! Obviously they wouldn't want a plebby 18 yr old like me, I was just seeing how they select someone for that as it seems pretty special.
Quite a few hossifers are "speshul"
I think you will find that you are the wrong kind of "speshul"

Enjoy Sandquay steps.
 
#16
arfur_finger said:
ambitious ***** aint you
Jealousy isn't a nice quality you know, especially considering only a few weeks ago your half blind, no GCSE holding alterego posted the following.

stumpinuts33 said:
i have heard that subject to gaining the relevant qualifications and expertise in arse licking that later in your career you can switch sides to be an officer
i was wondering that at the age of 34 i am too old to go straight in as an officer does the age limit still apply if you are already serving as a rating
Ambitious *****! :wink:
 
#17
lonestar said:
arfur_finger said:
ambitious ***** aint you
Jealousy isn't a nice quality you know, especially considering only a few weeks ago your half blind, no GCSE holding alterego posted the following.

stumpinuts33 said:
i have heard that subject to gaining the relevant qualifications and expertise in arse licking that later in your career you can switch sides to be an officer
i was wondering that at the age of 34 i am too old to go straight in as an officer does the age limit still apply if you are already serving as a rating
Ambitious *****! :wink:
also believe he is stummpynuts as he just told me i had pants like Ashley Cole as did his alter ego.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jimmy_Green Nautical Jokes 8
The_Caretaker Land Ops 0
Tas-ape Blue Jokes 0

Similar threads

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top