Royal Equerry

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Lynx101, Mar 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, does anyone know much about this post? How is an officer appointed as a Royal Equerry an what do they do?
    Thanks

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I do believe that one of the first requirements is that you have actually been accepted into the Services

3. Lynx

The Royal Navy compiles a shortlist from its Senior Officers and submits it to Buckingham Palace. The candidate chosen then spends a two year long tour of duty with HM The Queen.

The Royal Navy, RAF and Army take it in turns to make nominations for this post. The current holder is from the RAF.

The Royal Navy's most recent Equerry to HM The Queen is this gentleman:

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/operati...s-ark-royal/command-group/commander-logistics

4. fantasitc! I should think it is a very interesting job! RE: janner, I have been accepted to BRNC commencing 26th April 2010!! yay! :D

5. I imagine that the chances of you being selected for this post were established when your father threw his junk up your mum all those years ago.

If your father referred to sex as 'that ghastly business' and your mum pulled up her nightgown just high enough for access (whilst simultaneously writing to her niece about the approaching Débutante season) then you are in with a shot.

6. If ever i am feeling down i can always rely on jonno to bring a smile to my face.

I am starting to think that he is indeed human prozac :p

7. Lynx101, the ossifer version of Credders? Vying with Comm to appear to be the love child of Baldrick and Jade Goody?
    You've got to admire someone who thinks that because they've got a date to turn up at BRNC, that it's a foregone conclusion that they'll be weilding the pooper scooper for the corgis or holding umbrellas over the Royal nogging at some point in their, no doubt, illustrious career to be. :roll:

8. What ho, Lynx101 from Surrey!

Yes, Go for it – Slap in a Request Form as soon as you enter the gates of BRNC.
    Just tell ‘em that you are seeking every opportunity to wear your famous Suite (if it still fits one):

9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Accepted for training, not qualified for anything, a lot don't make the end of the course, you would be better concentrating on whats happening now instead of whats unlikely to happen.

Is that a three piece suite you'll be wearing or just the normal type of jacket and trousers that if they match can be called a suit? :wink:

10. Reckon its the cheaper two piece suite, sofa and 1 armchair.

11. I understand that if Labour form the next government the position of Royal equerry is to change.
    The position will be given to someone from a Chav council estate, preferably from an ethic minority. Being female will be an advantage and being homosexual may also score points.
    The selected cretin will be fast tracked through Dartmouth, promoted annually until senior enough and then will replace the current equerry.
    Labour can then state that this really is a country of opportunities and the RN is at last Class Free

12. haha! Obviously they wouldn't want a plebby 18 yr old like me, I was just seeing how they select someone for that as it seems pretty special.

13. Quite a few hossifers are "speshul"

14. I think you will find that you are the wrong kind of "speshul"

Enjoy Sandquay steps.

15. ambitious ***** aint you

16. Jealousy isn't a nice quality you know, especially considering only a few weeks ago your half blind, no GCSE holding alterego posted the following.

Ambitious *****! :wink:

17. also believe he is stummpynuts as he just told me i had pants like Ashley Cole as did his alter ego.

18. MOD ON
    Thread tidied. Drunken rants and swearing removed. If you want to have a ruck take it to PM.
    MOD OFF

19. bollocks

20. That's pretty obvious.
    I've applied for your O2 Thief tag for you, should be in the post tomorrow. Goodbye.