Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Royal British Legion Albert Hall

itsamuppet

Lantern Swinger
Having been privileged to have once represented the RNR at the Albert Hall during this fine ceremony, may I pass on my good luck and best wishes to all those taking part this year.

Remember, that last steps a killer, tick tocking is a must, and everyone else is out of step. Its not as if anyones watching ........Much.

Joking aside though it is a fantastic day and I recommend it to anyone who is lucky enough to be asked. The following day marching past the cenotaph is still one of my proudest moments in the RNR.

Personally I think it's be a great idea to march on with no trousers on, and see if anyone notices.
If anyone DOES say anything, just tell them it is your own personal tribute to the horrors of the Atlantic Convoys :rambo:

I'm unable to watch the ceremonials in the UK, but I will be attending similar commemorations at the British Army Base here in Cyprus tomorrow.
This is an ideal time of year to say "thank you" to our forces - not only those that made the ultimate sacrifice, but also to those who are still doing "their bit" across the globe with such professionalism.
THANK YOU

I do enjoy watching this ceremony on the telly, Jack invairably fcuks up. Sod marching down them steps and still being in time at the bottom. Respect to all involved.

My money is on the Gurkas looking the best and pulling it off and some Rupert marching off totally out off step with the guys behind him....any takers?

How about an RMR marching with both arms swinging in the same direction and a Prime Minister falling asleep. Great entertainment!

Also a very moving occasion as always. BZ.

Is it me or did the BBC simply brush over the facts around that the 18 year old soldier who presented the book of rememberance and won the MC.

I would have liked to have know how she came to win the MC at such an early age. Rather that then some boy band who couldn't be arsed to have a shave, and have only worn a uniform in some pop video.

It does seem that this festival is getting just a bit too arty farty and forgetting the real reason.

Did anyone else beside Mrs piglet and myself notice comrade Brown at the Albert Hall, when they put the camera on him, during the churchie bit, it looked like the tw@t was asleep and just managed to stir himself to look up when the government was mentioned before droping off again.
Just shows how much regard he has for the forces!

I saw Mr Brown looking "asleep". At the time the vicar/chaplain/priest was saying a prayer.

I hope he looked like that as a sign that he was joining the prayers as opposed to being alseep. Even he couldnt be that daft?

itsamuppet said:
Is it me or did the BBC simply brush over the facts around that the 18 year old soldier who presented the book of rememberance and won the MC.

I would have liked to have know how she came to win the MC at such an early age. Rather that then some boy band who couldn't be arsed to have a shave, and have only worn a uniform in some pop video.

It does seem that this festival is getting just a bit too arty farty and forgetting the real reason.

I agree with you - while it doesn't alter the fact that it would ahve been good to know more at the time - this tells you about her; http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/T...pientWithAMilitaryCross.htm&NRCACHEHINT=Guest

wet_blobby said:
I must admit, Royal did fcuk up the marching......... :oops:

Believe me that Royal was made to feel like an idiot all day yesterday back in their bar! Poor lad, they had done it fine at the earlier performance, but it looks as though the thought of Royal being in front of Royal confused him somewhat!

Maybe Royal did mess it up a bit but so what at least they were there. Well done to all the RNR's, RMR's and regulars who attended all the ceremonies throughout the country. As for Brown politicians are politicians and will never change.

Latest Threads