Royal Air Force (RAF) TV Series & Documentaries

Kirkmania

Lantern Swinger
Hello everyone,

During my search for TV series and documentaries which involve the UK Royal Air Force (RAF), it has become apparent that many of you, love, enjoy and have searched for these hidden gems all over the internet. I intend to use this stream to guide such fans to the wonderful shows. Please feel free to make suggestions on shows you have been looking for and I will try my best to find them as well as update this stream which the ones I have already located. Please enjoy.

KirkCrazy

Kirkmania

Lantern Swinger
The first TV series I would like to share is Inside RAF Brize Norton (2013). This is a documentary showing the inner workings of the UK's biggest military air bases, RAF Brize Norton. This is disorientating at the best of times, with cargo, hardware and troops streaming to all corners of the globe 24 hours a day. But viewing it from a hovering helicopter 85ft above the ground just before chucking yourself out the door and down a dangling rope? Well, then the place becomes dizzying for wholly different reasons. There’s almost constant activity in this documentary, following the operations of Britain’s largest military airbase.

KirkCrazy
Password: RAF

Episode 1 Episode 2 Episode 3 Episode 4 Episode 5 Episode 6 Episode 7

Last edited:

Kirkmania

Lantern Swinger
With many of you offering suggestions as to other TV series you would like to re-watch, these have expanded beyond just the one service. With this in mind, I have expanded into 2 other threads for the other TV Series and Documentaries I find and am happy to share. The following below are the links to these threads.

Royal Navy TV Series & Documentaries

Army TV Series & Documentaries

Please feel free to look through these also which I will keep adding to as I find more of your suggestions. Thank you for your interest and support.

KirkCrazy

Kirkmania

Lantern Swinger
Next up is Get Some In! (1975-78). A British television sitcom about service life in the Royal Air Force, broadcast between 1975 and 1978 by Thames Television. The programme made thirty-four half-hour episodes in total. The title is a contraction of "Get some service in!", which was a piece of Second World War-era military slang sometimes shouted by conscripted soldiers at civilians of conscription age whom the conscripts may have believed were avoiding call-up. By the 1960s the expression had a clear and self-evident sexual connotation which replaced the original meaning and resulted in a convenient double entendre for the programme.

KirkCrazy

Season 1 (1975)
Episode 1 Episode 2 Episode 3 Episode 4 Episode 5 Episode 6 Episode 7 Episode 8
Season 2 (1976)
Season 3 (1977)
Episode 1 Episode 2 Episode 3 Episode 4 Episode 5 Episode 6
Season 4 (1977)
Episode 1 Episode 2 Episode 3 Episode 4 Episode 5 Episode 6
Season 5 (1978)

Last edited:

Kirkmania

Lantern Swinger
Up now we have the pilot episode for Strike Force (1995) TV Series about a Tornado fighter squadron. Sadly the show was never commissioned and so no more episodes were ever made. Starring James Faulkner, Fiona Dolman, Tim Bentinck, Mick Ford, Stephen Moyer, Stuart Laing, Robert Hands, Nicholas Bailey, Tom Lloyd Roberts and more...

KirkCrazy

Pilot Episode - Part 1 Pilot Episode - Part 2

Last edited:

Kirkmania

Lantern Swinger
Now we have Fighter Pilot (1981) TV Series. Fighter Pilot is a BBC television documentary series that was broadcast in the UK on BBC One, from 9 September to 28 October 1981. It was about the training of fast jet pilots in the Royal Air Force and followed the progress of six candidates as they went through the three-year programme. The BBC and the RAF first agreed to work together on a documentary in 1978, when there was a poor level of recruitment and a shortage of pilots in the service. At the time it cost £1 million to train a pilot (£4 million in 2011). The training process, from selection to operational service has a high drop-out rate and only one of the six original candidates went on to fly fast jets.Three of the candidates were airmen who already served in the RAF, while the others were from civilian backgrounds (qualified nurse, zoologist and milkman/farm worker). The series was produced by Colin Strong, who closely followed the candidates for three-and-a-half years. To gain a detailed insight in to the process, he undertook the RAF basic flying training course himself and flew solo in a Jet Provost.

KirkCrazy

Last edited: