Rovio mobile webcam

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by 2_deck_dash, Mar 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone have any experience of these?

http://www.wowwee.com/en/products/tech/telepresence/rovio/rovio

Basically it is a remote control webcam that can travel to pre-set waypoints.

I am thinking of getting one to use as a mobile CCTV unit for my workplace.

Any ideas how robust they are? Do they last long? I would be using it in a large workshop environment to carry out roaming patrols during out of work hours as an additional CCTV camera to complement my fixed devices.

To be perfectly honest I don't really need one, but I think they look cool and I like the idea of driving it around while I am at home. If an alarm was triggered I could simply fire up the Rovio, drive it to where the intruder is and tell them to fcuk off, while catching a close up image of their face, all this from the comfort of my sofa.

I'm also thinking it might impress the old bill when they come round for my next security inspection.

What do you reckon?
    [​IMG]

2. Don't know anything about them, but sounds pretty cool the only thing that would make it outstanding would be while you are busy capturing there image from the comfort of your living room would be able to tazer them at the same time...Now that would be the dogs

3. I used to work WE part of ship and I did pretty well in Electronic Principles while I was at Collingrad.

I'm sure I could retrofit something. :lol:

Taze muthafukka.

4. Come on 2DD, you want one to perv up the lass's skirts at work :wink:

5. Also the old bill would be so happy at the fact it would save them paperwork and IF they got to the scene on time they wouldn't have to get hot and sweaty trying to chase him because he would be cabbaged on the floor,

All in the time for it takes the police to get there you can have the fun of tazering him to oblivion whilst still capturing images of the pain and suffering of them being a thieving pikey barsteward, well i think it would be worth it, You could try it out on the neighbours cat just to see if you have it working correctly

My opinion buy it and get fitting that tazer

6. I work in a gun factory.

The last woman who set foot in here needed 2 years of counselling to get over the trauma.

7. I think I spotted one of them down the woods when I was out walking the dog, mind you 4 cans of Special Brew does bad things to your eyes

8. I also think Mrs STM has one everytime I pop into the local for a quick pint during the week my fcuking mobile goes off

9. No STM your missus already has enough footage of you from the bairmaids hidden camera in her bra, so yes you have been caught looking down her top, and you can't use the excuse you couldn't hear the phone anymore because the music was to loud blasting out Bob Marleys no woman no cry because she also has a hidden camera on the duke box, so time to change your local he he

10. My local is run by 2 brown hatters :D

11. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Is that wrong? It saves having to bull up the toe caps of one's shoes with parade gloss and getting the foot in the right position to have a shufti.