Roux-en-Y gastric by pass surgery would it stop joining

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by pinkbosworgeyfairy, May 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :blob4:HI ALL A VERY NEWBY HERE MY SON IS WONTING TO JOIN UP , DONE WORK EXPERANCE WITH HMS RALEIGH AND SOUTH WEST DIVING UNIT JUST LOVED IT , HE IS A LEAD CADET GOES ON EVERY THING HE CAN HE IS A BIG LAD , 124KGS GOES GYM DAILY PLAYS AMERICAN FOOTBALL FOR CORNWALL , BUT HIS BMI IS 44 HE HAS BEEN ASKING FOR A RNY GASTRIC BY PASS( WHICH THE HOSPITAL HAVE SAID YES TO ) BUT WE ARE HAVING TROUBLE FINDING OUT IF THIS WOULD STOP HIS CHANCES DEAD OF JOINING , HE IS STAYING ON SCHOOL FOR HIS A LEVALS IN THE HOPE TO LOSE WEIGHT IN THE MEAN TIME , HE CAN DO THE RUN IN 8 MINS , BENCH LIFT 80KGS NO PROBS AND PULLING AT NATIONALS 3 YEARS RUNNING :naka: :blob4: :naka: :blob4: :naka: :blob4: :naka:
    I FEEL HE COULD DO THIS WITH OUT SURGERY BUT THIS IS HIS DREAM AND HE FEELS HE CANT , WOULD THIS STOP HIM BEING ABLE TO JOIN UP !!!!!!!!
    AS HE IS NOT 18 YET I WOULD HAVE TO GIVE MY PERMISION WHICH I WOULD DO BUT NOT IF IT KILLS HIS DREAM DEAD PLEASE IF ANYONES KNOWS THE ANSWER PLEASE LET US KNOW :angel7::angel5:

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2011
  2. Two gastric bands questions, any relation to the other person ?

3. mine is not asking about the band , i am asking about the rny gastric by pass which is the surgery form were they cut the tum to an egg size and by pass a part of the tubing , the band is a little they place a fillable band around the tum , with a port just under the skin so as to do fills , but this one u have a great deal of chance of infection , also as my son plays american football which is a full on contact sport could be quite unsafe , he also dose a lot of drill , pulling and training with sea cadets so having the port would be a no no , his waist is 37inc but his chest is 50in , and his neck is size 19 shirt , he is not fat to look at but very solid and i am not just saying it as a mum , he is a normal american football player shape would look very much like rocky but because of all the weight training he dose he is built like a brick" it " house but his bmi is far too high and he needs to reduce it , i do agree he dose need to eat less , well have a lot less protien shakes and he will drop his bmi , but he can do the fitness as he has done it in 4 times with his work exp, and cadets and he is so set on going in the navy he keeps doing what he can at the gym , home to get even stronger

4. My uncle use to play American football untill he suffered a spinal injury. Anyway if your son is active he really should not have any problems shredding the weight off. It's just a case of looking at his diet and changing his training routine. Use the Navy to stay motivated. I'm no doctor but going under the knife could either be a bar or seriously delay your entry.
    Just wait for someone with better knowledge to come on but good luck with your son.

5. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Would you class yourself as a 'feeder', what do you feed the fridge?

6. So in the other thread you're a BMI 40 and your son is a BMI 44

Keeping mcdonalds in business then

7. witsend

Keeping the NHS in business more like.

Apart from this sounds like a bite, I can imagine 'Ben & Jess' feeding each other with spoons during each nights council TV soaps.

8. This is the OP and I claim my £5

[​IMG]

9. A BMI OF 44!!!!!!!!!!!
    With Ark Royal having gone to the scrapyards, I don't think the RN has a ship big enough to stay afloat if your 'likkle lad' comes aboard.

10. Do I really need to answer this question? Common sense and all that?

And please start calling it Roux-en-Y instead of your fancy abbreviation.

11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Impressive stuff, (if it's not a wind-up) - a 5' 6" tall, 19.4 stone lad running 1.5 miles in 8 minutes (If the weight is 124Kgs & BMI is 44).

The fastest PJFT (completed on a treadmill), I've seen to date was completed around 8mins 17secs.

12. witsend

Maybe he just builds up a bit of speed gathering momentum, and then rolls the rest of the way.

• Like Like x 1
  13. But he plays American football so he'd be dynamic out of the blocks and thick enough to block out the pain of his lungs exploding, his heart having kiniptions and his tiny thigh bones shattering as he crossed the line.
    I believe every word of it, having just removed my tin foil hat the wearing of which prevented the world ending yesterday, I need a new cause celebre and securing this lads enlistment may well be it.
    I shall be phoning the Secretary of Defence first thing Monday, that should do the trick.
    Wibble.

14. Fook me that made I laff.
    I went all gay and liked it too.
    Hugs, NZB

15. witsend

More likely the waterboy.

16. witsend

I've just found a phot of momma, "its the devil, you hear me".

[​IMG]

17. I'm just of to KFC, i've got the van, do you want much?

18. i cant belive u lot can be so nasty but what makes me upset is i ask a simple question because i myself feel he should NOT have the RNY but as he is a normal male of 16 .6years old he thinks he knows all the answers and he wonts to go in the navy NOW so he can see its a faster way , and NO i am far from a feeder , due to my disablitys caused by a sports injury and a lot of self pitty i put lots of weight which i know was my own problem but i was feeling sorry for myself , in turn my son was also eatting my way which i am so not proud of and have been putting right , i have a family gym membership which we do use daily most days before work and after but u wont belive that would u , i am sorry i gave up and felt sorry for myself , but i felt my world had come to a end i lost twins had the injury and felt sorry for myself but now i have given myself a good talking to and am trying to sort this out , and as for costing the nhs lots of money NO in fact i give more to them than they have ever given to me thank you very much , i give talks , hold support group meeting and do not ask for a penny at all for what i give so get ur facts right first , i take people to hospital and stay with them who are scared and most of them have to go up country 300 miles away and again i do not charge because thats the way i am , i do not wont a gold medal just wont to give back for being given a second chance at life , i am sorry u lot feel u need to be so nasty to others i will ask my church to say a few words for u all love light and pink fairydust to u all

19. as for kfc i have not ever meet a vegan who eats that crap so why should i , i would not kill some other living thing just to put on my plate

20. blah blah blah, why did you choose this site to spout your bullshit ? , piss off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.