Roundhead or Cavalier?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Shakey, Mar 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Which side would you join - the Parliamentarians (Roundheads) or the Royalists (Cavaliers) ?

Your choice can be made on political factors, religious beliefs or even who had the best uniform for all I care.

The decision is yours!

2. I thought you were asking if we were circumsised or not! Cavalier by the way, for both! lol

3. Hmmm, I don't remember seeing anything about General Fairfax's Circumcised Regimente Of Foote in the history books. :lol:

4. Didn't they fight at the battle of Biffins Bridge? :twisted: :lol:

5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

hmmm, difficult one, I reckon the cavaliers had more of a free spirit and definatley had the fancier uniform so could of pulled the local peasant girlies easier, but the Roundheads were a better military machine and probably did a bit of the old rape and pillaging so they both have there appeal. I'll sit on the fence for a bit and see if anyones argument persuades me.

6. The Cavaliers had long curly hair and were all gay and bummed each other up every day, their CO leading them all in a mass daisy chain of frenzied homosexualist lust.

The Roundheads had the New Model Army and were dead hard and everything and didn't go round bumming everything that moved.

Does that help?

7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Even more confused now mate :lol:

8. The Royalist Cavaliers were the loyalist supporters of the King Charles I, and as a cavalier soldier one would purchase his own equipment (or the equipment would be issued to you purchased by your Lord/master) and often because the cavaliers were rich enough to own horses, fought as cavalry. Aside from that the royalists wore big floppy hats and long hairstyles. Don't really know about their sexual preferences.

The Parliamentarian Roundheads were fundamentalist puritan republican rebels who were formed into an efficient fighting unit (the New Model Army). They were lowly peasants who had to be issued with kit and often fought as infantry. They sported short, cropped hairstyles and wore a standard helmet.

It might also be worth noting that despite after the Lord Protector Oliver Cromwell's death, King Charles II was invited back to the throne because the parliamentarians were grossly inefficient at running the country (As it turns out they couldn't agree on anything).

9. That would never happen in todays society would it :???:

10. Roundhead for me, the side that wants rid of the 'Gold plated Scroungers'.

11. Actually, the New Model Army had loads of cavalry that were stunningly effective. This may be because they weren't worn out by interfering sexually with the horses every night, unlike the Cavaliers who subjected their poor beasts to all manner of depraved practices such as (but not limited to) performing acts of oral lust on the mares and masturbating the stallions in order to anoint themselves in horse spunk.

12. Shakey, is there perhaps a reason as to why you don't like the cavaliers very much? Maybe you have a secret fantasy of sporting long curly hair and a floppy hat, no? Either that or you are having some very disturbing carnal desires for horses. You beast, you! :lol:

13. Pure Royalist.

14. No, not at all, it's all historical evidence. It's all written down in black and white in a book that I wrote called 'The English Civil War - What Really Went On And All That.'

You can order it online from the publishers, Shakey Press. There might be a slight delay though as they have to print it off on the office printer first when the two and half's not looking and then staple it together for you. State whether you want your book in A4 or A3 format.

15. Yep they did that , lol ,

16. Roundhead ,

17. They were a big drawback! :grin:

18. Definitely Royalist.

I've always thought that NuLabour were the modern day Roundheads/Puritans.

As represented by an old guy in a brown dustcoat with a club foot, lurching towards you, bellowing "Ye cannae park there!"

19. Where the majority of Cavaliers ex public school boys?

20. As soon as you mentioned that the Roundheads were "Fundamentalists", my vote was cast for the Royalists.
    Seriously, I am a 100% Monarchist. Can you imagine having Bliar or is like as president? At least with Royalty, people of all political pursuasion's can have a joint head of state.
    RoofRat