Rothiemurchus Lodge Aviemore

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by broadsword666, Jun 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Mates have any one check this place out it a great place for family's and friends and for active weekends here is the web Site

www.rothiemurchus.co.uk

please check it out and see what you think .

2. Why are civil serpents :pukel: included

3. Oi, I was one of those... once!

Looks the perfect meeting place for a RR reunion. Is the accommodation dormitories or single cabins. If the former can I book a bed in the all male mess? :biggrin:

I volunteer to be Rum Bosun! :love5:

4. I was in the Cairngorms last week, rothiemurchas forset is absolutely beautiful

5. Nice place, used often for AT expeds ;)

6. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

If you use the place in the skiing season the guy who runs it (Dougie, I seem to remember?) can book ski passes at a discounted rate and has ski equipment for hire at stupidly cheep prices. It is also a stunning place to stay in the summer, easy access to the Cairngorms.

Mostly dormitories with a couple of family rooms Steve, I'm sure they'd let you have a family room all to yourself :whew:

7. I took the family there when doing the tour of the Highlands, having stayed there for an AT with a slightly over keen 3 ringer, now a rear admiral. Good, simple lodge, good for families who don't mind the self catering way of doing things and good prices (excellent actually). Cairngorms are nearby, there's a water-sports activity centre just down the road with an alright bar, and the walks around the area, up and down Glen Feshie are refreshing. Recommended for those who don't want a 5* hotel.

8. Hi Mates Just Back from spending a week up at the lodge it was just a relaxing week the bar was open Notice at all the oldes Dougie Left about 5 yrs ago the Chat running it Know is Ex Royal Scotts his Name is George Gaff and he is doing a great job There is now a Bar on site so if you dont want to jomp down the hill and then back again with a skin full. It alway seems farer going up than down. just had a great time meet a few friends and had a few good nights in the Bar. but you will have to try it out.
    Its a great place for stag nights. or quite weekends.