Rothiemurchus leadership course

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Funbag Handler, May 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening folks,

I am in the process of joining up to the senior service and recently got invited to the Rothiemurchus (forgive the spelling auto-correct is trying to say it is actually "Christchurch") Lodge this coming Tuesday.

I was just wondering if any one on here will be attending what seems like a fantastic but short trip to the Cairngorms. I was not sure what forum to put this in and my quick search really only produced recommendations about the place which does indeed seem pretty ace.

Anyways as a newbie to the site I have got to say it is cracking especially the tales of minor misdemeanors, if I can cram in some proper drinking sessions while getting through my task book with gusto then I only wish for an experience half as good as some of the folks on here had :)

Laters!

2. I did it last august. There was a huge amount of PT and leadership tasks so be prepared for that! It was good fun but really tiring.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

3. I'll be heading up, where you travelling from?

4. Thanks for the heads up Duthie. If I am honest, fitness will be my downfall on this trip, after I passed my fitness test I just reverted back to being a piss head and going out with the lads most nights and only very recently started working on it again. When it comes to the PT I think i will be in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons. At the very least it's a bit of a wake up call to get my shit together in case I get an earlier start date than expected.

Sol thanks for the link I had a quick gander at it and place looks much better than I imagined, don't know if it will be part of it the trip but i would love to do a bit of abseiling :)

Tegr will send you a pm mate.