Rosyth detatchment?

Discussion in 'RMR' started by coogan93, Mar 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys, I'm new to this site so dont know if i am posting in the right place. sorry. Anyway im wondering if anybody is traveling from edinburgh to the rosyth detatchment? Been really intereseted in joing for a long time but have had no way of getting there. Cheers

Coogan

2. Get the train from Edinburgh to Inverkeithing station. A tilly will probably pick you up or you can get a taxi for about £6 (you can claim travelling expenses)

3. Hi Coogan,

I think we can see by you posting on the RMR site and calling it a detachment that you are after info on the RMR at Rosyth.

Give them a ring on the numbers on the link below:-

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/royalma...nes-reserve/locations/rmr-scotland/edinburgh/

Apparantly they have a lot of members in the Edinburgh area who car share for drill evenings etc.

regards

SM

:)

4. Cheers for the welcome and the help eveyone. I will give them a phone tonight. And yes its the RMR i am interested in. I am currently in the ACF and was wondering if i would still be aloud to be a member and help out with training and stuff? Cheers, Coogan

5. Yes just let the ACF know that RMR comes first,loads of skills both units can benefit from

6. Thats good, cheers mate. Coogan

7. Did you give them a ring or make it out on the drill night?

K

8. I was too busy last night unfortunately. Willt here be somebody there that i could phone tonight? Cheers Coogan

9. Negative,

However if you phone 0141 445 6020 before 5pm and ask to speak to someone about joining, they'll sort you out.

If that fails head out to Rosyth next wed night between 1930-2130.

Cheers

10. aww okay, thanks. Will go see someone next wednesday. Cheers, Callum

11. Gents,

You are talking about Edinburgh Det (I know its a bit Ryan Air) however they are relocating into the Edinburgh City in the near future. Call HQ RMR Scotland on the number provided (OC Edinburgh Det would be keen to hear from you) and get ground truth not speculative information from this inaccurate source.

12. Gents,

You are talking about Edinburgh Det (I know its a bit Ryan Air) however they are relocating into the Edinburgh City in the near future. Call HQ RMR Scotland on the number provided (OC Edinburgh Det would be keen to hear from you) and get ground truth not speculative information from this inaccurate source.

13. As a member of Edin Det, I think I'm able to provide "accurate" information. The move to Edinburgh City centre will be taking place over the next month.

You'll note that above I've provided the HQRMR phone number, best place to contact for initial information.

K