Ross Kemp in search of Pirates

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#2
Quoted in yesterday's Guardian magazine, by Charlie Brooker who reviewed the programme:

Ross Kemp (to members of the Ship's Company): "So did any of you ever think that, when you joined up, you'd be expected to go out and catch pirates?" :?

Matelot: "Yes..."

Ross Kemp: 8O

Matelot: "...but then again, I joined up in 1640!"

:thumbleft:
 
#3
sgtpepperband said:
Quoted in yesterday's Guardian magazine, by Charlie Brooker who reviewed the programme:

Ross Kemp (to members of the Ship's Company): "So did any of you ever think that, when you joined up, you'd be expected to go out and catch pirates?" :?

Matelot: "Yes..."

Ross Kemp: 8O

Matelot: "...but then again, I joined up in 1640!"

:thumbleft:
Now that's the sort of humour I remember Jack being best at. :)
 
#4
Sky returned Sky1 to Virgin a few months ago after the bust up was settled. So if you have Virgin you should have no problems watching it.
 
#5
Matt_89 said:
Sky returned Sky1 to Virgin a few months ago after the bust up was settled. So if you have Virgin you should have no problems watching it.
Just checked and you are quite correct. Thank you.

Incidentally, read HMS Northumberland's own account of embarking Ross Kemp and other media types here.
 

panda

Midshipman
#7
I wonder if Ross will have better luck finding 'em. On a nine monther all we found was tab smugglers and thats when I thought about joining customs for a living instead
 
#8
A good programme that demonstrated all the frustrating elements involved in such operations, particularly when acting under stringent ROE. It's all very well people urging the RN to shoot Somali pirates on sight but they've obviously been watching too many Steven Segal movies. Nations taking this course of action have succeeded in killing far more innocent hostages than pirates to date whereas the pirates have yet to harm anyone. With friends like that, who needs enemies?
 

wurz

Lantern Swinger
#9
Naval_Gazer said:
It's all very well people urging the RN to shoot Somali pirates on sight but they've obviously been watching too many Steven Segal movies. Nations taking this course of action have succeeded in killing far more innocent hostages than pirates to date whereas the pirates have yet to harm anyone. With friends like that, who needs enemies?
Are you talking about yanks? :lol:
 
#10
wurz said:
Naval_Gazer said:
It's all very well people urging the RN to shoot Somali pirates on sight but they've obviously been watching too many Steven Segal movies. Nations taking this course of action have succeeded in killing far more innocent hostages than pirates to date whereas the pirates have yet to harm anyone. With friends like that, who needs enemies?
Are you talking about yanks? :lol:
Come on, Yanks & friendly fire? Next you'll be telling me they're trigger happy 8O
 
#11
R077 said:
wurz said:
Naval_Gazer said:
It's all very well people urging the RN to shoot Somali pirates on sight but they've obviously been watching too many Steven Segal movies. Nations taking this course of action have succeeded in killing far more innocent hostages than pirates to date whereas the pirates have yet to harm anyone. With friends like that, who needs enemies?
Are you talking about yanks? :lol:
Come on, Yanks & friendly fire? Next you'll be telling me they're trigger happy 8O
It was mostly the Indians (link) and the French (link). The Yanks have managed to rescue a hostage unharmed (link).
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top