Ross Kemp in search of Pirates

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by Naval_Gazer, Jun 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Quoted in yesterday's Guardian magazine, by Charlie Brooker who reviewed the programme:

Ross Kemp (to members of the Ship's Company): "So did any of you ever think that, when you joined up, you'd be expected to go out and catch pirates?" :?

Matelot: "Yes..."

Ross Kemp: 8O

Matelot: "...but then again, I joined up in 1640!"

2. Now that's the sort of humour I remember Jack being best at. :)
  3. Sky returned Sky1 to Virgin a few months ago after the bust up was settled. So if you have Virgin you should have no problems watching it.
  4. Just checked and you are quite correct. Thank you.

Incidentally, read HMS Northumberland's own account of embarking Ross Kemp and other media types here.
  5. Bump as this series starts tonight.
  6. I wonder if Ross will have better luck finding 'em. On a nine monther all we found was tab smugglers and thats when I thought about joining customs for a living instead
  7. A good programme that demonstrated all the frustrating elements involved in such operations, particularly when acting under stringent ROE. It's all very well people urging the RN to shoot Somali pirates on sight but they've obviously been watching too many Steven Segal movies. Nations taking this course of action have succeeded in killing far more innocent hostages than pirates to date whereas the pirates have yet to harm anyone. With friends like that, who needs enemies?
  8. Are you talking about yanks? :lol:
  9. Come on, Yanks & friendly fire? Next you'll be telling me they're trigger happy 8O
  10. It was mostly the Indians (link) and the French (link). The Yanks have managed to rescue a hostage unharmed (link).
  11. For anyone who missed this and wants to catch it, episode 1 is up on (uk tv only torrent site)
  12. Didn't a Pirate get elected recently as am MEP? o_O
  13. No that was a typing error, it should have read Primate. 8O :D