Ross Kemp in Afghanistan.

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by chieftiff, Jan 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Not sure if anyone has posted this before but for those interested Sky 1 tonight 21:00, looks interesting: Preview
  2. Nice to see for a change those who act out heroic roles take a look at the real thing close up.
  3. A shame it's on Sky but I can see how that happened!
  4. or is he just using this to further his TV time...
  5. No, I heard an interview with him on the Radio this afternoon, this man seemed genuinely interested in the lads out there, such as pointing out the lunacy in having Yorkie Bars in 24 Rat Packs when it is 50 deg C!

He also said in one of the Newspaper preview write ups that when he was out there, and once had rounds going over his head, he, and he wasn't ashamed to admit this, pi$$ed himself. And how he found the hardest thing was looking at a Mother who had just lost her 19 year old son, I believe it was.

So I think he did genuinely care about the situation out there. Good on him.
  6. well then i will be less harsh on him... its only because i DONT LIKE to see our boys and girls being disrespected is all..............
  7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Just watched it, it was shithock. well done Ross Kemp and the Vikings.

The Armed forces need more people like Ross to put the story forward. Much respect to the man.
  8. Recommended then blobbs? As good as Commando: On the Front Line?
  9. wet_blobby

Yes, well worth watching. RK and crew have done a good job, well done them.
  10. Can we have him as our Forces Sweetheart instead of Katherine Jenkins? I'm not sure if he can sing though.
  11. Its was good that our lads in ASC got a mention. There was a good article in the Globe and Buster two or three issues ago about ASC and the "VIKINGS". Hope to join them sometime soon.
  12. Just watched it too, good tv for a change. Yes I think he has a true respect for the realities of what our troops are going through.
  13. wet_blobby

Clocked that, the first thing that was said to him in theatre was along the lines of "thank fcuk for the Marines and their Vikings".

The lads are doing a damn fine job.
  14. Ross Kemp, and the media crew he must have taken with him
    have my respect, along with all serving members currently in

Thank f**k the documentary wasn't fronted by that other brother.

15. I would have loved to have watched that. Kemp has a lot of bottle for going out there with no weapons or training. Good man for showing the public what is really happening. That commando series was good as well.
    By the way what on earth are VIKINGS? as you can probably tell i aint in the navy yet.
  16. A Viking is an APC. Armoured Personnel Carrier.
  17. To be honest Ross Kemp has always come across to me (in interviews and such) as quite a nice, genuine bloke. It is good to see someone like him and the crew out there reporting on what is fast becoming a forgotten war.

Although I didn't watch it as I have Virgin therefore no Sky1 I will be lookiong around the bazaars to see if I can watch it online.
    If anyone is interested please PM me and I will send a link IF I can find one :)
  18. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

They are 1st Bn Royal Anglian Regiment
  19. He was also being interviewed on Ch4 by Richard & Judy - came across as a very sincere person, who, having been there (unlike some in high places) really appreciated the dangers our troops face.

This is the same guy that was interviwing gangs across the globe, so he's had some experience in dodgy areas.

I am not ashamed to say that I p**ed myself a little when in the butts during live fire training - well done him for admitting it.

20. For those without Sky 1 you can watch it on YouTube HERE

After the first clip you will see 2/5, then 3/5, etc. These are all parts of the first programme. It wasn't always easy to find Odball's clips so I clicked on the bottom of his menu where it says 'See all 77488 videos'. HERE

Edited to add info.