Romote control submarines?

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by Chicogiz, May 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know what website i could buy a good model submarine ive been looking everywhere and also a warship?

Any help i would be happy.

2. I used to have a good working model when I was a boy. I used to take the black plastic object into the bath (me sitting at one end of the bath, my sister at the other end, like it was in those far off days, for our once weekly bath :D ) and we took turns blowing through a rubber tube into the model and sucking the air out, resulting in the model boat sinking and rising. Great fun! :p

Slim will have been in his early 20s when I was doing this!!! :lol:

PS: Have you tried covering a submarine bread roll in little oblongs of card (the asdic proof tiles)with a gherkin as conning tower and painting the whole thing black? You can use a cocktail stick with a home made cardboard propeller to simulate the prop and supposotories to simulate the torpedos... When the tiles come off it will simulate one of the black pigs, and when you've had the thing a few weeks and it begins to smell, it will remind you of hygiene standards in the time of yore.

Right, I'd better get my head down before the submariners start throwing heavy objects towards my bonce! :D

3. i wanna get a sub like this 1 but its german i want a british 1 have a look:http://www.rchobby.co.uk/scale_model_of_the_type_xxi_su.html

4. Bloody Hell, those are a bit more advanced than the airfix models of my yoof! Very impressive. Can they fire mini nuclear tipped missiles at passing CND supporters? :twisted:

5. Will your daddy give you pocket money to buy the "Romote" control submarine ?

6. Well Chicogiz, following your comment on the ? thread, I have begun a new story and you're in it, as Mr.Midshipman Chico! Hig's also in it as is Sgtpepper (as a Wren)...... Feel free to contribute to our new tale about HMS/m Blair, the possibly dodgy submarine...

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

In yer feckin' dreams... anyway, I thought you were into train drivers?! 8O

8. Carry the story on and make a book lol.

9. Certainly not in MY dreams, however the lads onboard need sustinance of the female kind :lol: Did I mention kaitais...? :wink: As for train drivers, they have to be very special train drivers...... :D

10. Certainly not in MY dreams, however the lads onboard need sustinance of the female kind :lol: Did I mention kaitais...? :wink: As for train drivers, they have to be very special train drivers...... :D

11. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hehe, I bet you could make him go "toot toot" when he pulls out of your tunnel... 8O :wink:

12. I know one boat you could buy ,how about the F**cking ONYX , mind you youu,ll need abig pond in the garden. Have a wet.!!!!